+1

Cool GSX limited 1999 carb identification assist

I'm trying to identify this set of Mikuni cards that I found on my GSX limited. I went online and so far haven't been able to order the correct parts because I can't find the parts manual for this model . If any of you could give me a hand in identifying the model, it would help me in replacing a part i have yet to identify.

In the attached, i found this behind the accel. pump baffle.

That orange part is supposed to block-off the discolored fitting but it rotted off.

Any help, thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7362.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	471739  

+1
    You can't buy the acc pump parts seperate, AND they don't come in the kit. Your carbs are Mikuni SBN 46i. I believe you'll find a Holley acc pump check valve to be the same part. Usually if one is jacked up I just cut it off the carb and rejet.

+1
    Thanks a lot for taking the time to explain some options and identify the carbs set up.

Do you know of any other options for the Excelerator pump baffle but it's broken in the picture?

Also, does anybody know of a thread that explains how to bypass the Excelerator pump and correctly link the rest of the system together?

Thanks again and to anyone else who may add.

+1
    Anytime I run across an inop acc pump I just rejet......but I'm sure I replaced that with a Holley part once, available online or the local auto parts store.

+1
    Great, thabks fir stopping back in. As this is my first ski/ first engine rebuild, im going to try and check with Holley and save the modifications for a later daylte, if they become necessary.

Step by step!

+1
    Fund the part on Holley, waiting till tomorrow to see if i can ferrit out the part without buying a kit i cant use. Thanks for the tip and the identification on the carbs

+1

Exclamation I give...

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    You can't buy the acc pump parts seperate, AND they don't come in the kit. Your carbs are Mikuni SBN 46i. I believe you'll find a Holley acc pump check valve to be the same part. Usually if one is jacked up I just cut it off the carb and rejet.

Myself, I am back go ask your baseline rejet knowledge for acc pump delete rebuild. I've ordered replacements and they're either too big or too soft to press into the mount that holds it.

Granted I do have the R&D flame arrestor, but I went with the recommendations in the 'bens secret 951 mods' thread and everything works great.
    I wouldn't hesitate to eliminate the accelerator pump and rejet accordingly. There isn't a downside; response is spot on.
    Also I hooked up a plunger primer to the accelerator pump nozzles for easy starting.

Not sure what airbox you are running, but that matters in the jet suggestion for eliminating the pump.

bens 951 mods link...this is discussed in the 'stage 1' modification....
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=14094

Thread Information