Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    +1

inter cooler Riva vs Worx

I recently purchased a 2020 FX SVHO LTD and I'm planing on buying an inter cooler but not sure which one to buy. Worx comes with Cooling Upgrade Kití cooling line to the Intercooler an additional engine block cooling plate to add more water to the engine. or Riva RIVA GEN 3 Yamaha Power Cooler With TiAL Blow Off Valve. Help!!

there is so much more to run an aftermarket cooler... but i guess you know that

in terms of an compare i run an GEN3 Cooler and i like it

+1
    I heard the fitment on the Worx is not all that great.

+1
    Fizzle fan here, love it. Added the Worx cooling. Have zero issues and make plenty of power. Same ski, not that the LTD would matter.

+1
    OK so Fizzle or Riva Gen 3? plus i'll buy worx cooling kit and STAGE 1 PLUS KIT

+1
    That set-up will run lean....not enough fuel.
    You must have a tune if you run an intercooler, as it needs to adjust for increased power from cooler air being forced into the engine. Riva Stage 2

+1
    Agreed, first step to decide on is which direction you want to go with tune. There are tons of threads on the topic. Mods are really nothing to explore without a tune as the machines are limited at the ECU. No matter which mods you add, you won't go faster until you get rid of that limiter. From there, a good start would be Riva Air, Ribbon Delete (allows the increased air to flow into manifold) and I suggest a 13/18 solas. Skip the ride plate and join the club. Once you hit 76+, you'll most likely get a bounce on the top end. It's a pain but few have had success with rivas plate resolving this issue. This is a good start and spending money in the right direction IMO. Also, be prepared to hate your speedo. It's worthless on that machine. Especially over 70 as it only goes to 70. Congrats on the ski man, loads of fun to be had!
    Last edited by ShawnInFL; 02-25-2021 at 07:22 PM.

+1
    So I should just do the Riva stage 2

+1
    Totally up to you, but doing full stage is not always necessary. Keep in mind, specific tunes can always be altered for your specific needs. Same can be said for Dean's Team tunes. Since you're asking about Riva's Stage 2, here's my two cents. You don't have to do it all or all at once. Check the members bios or post signatures. You most often will see there are few with pure Stage Kits. It's about finding the right recipe that works for your ski and your conditions.

FX SVHO STAGE 2 KIT:
    RIVA MaptunerX Yamaha 2018+ 1.8L BundleRY110SC-B-1
    RIVA Yamaha FX SVHO 2019+ Power Filter KitRY13120
    RIVA Yamaha 1.8L Engine Breather Upgrade Kit, 2012-21RY19040-12-EBUK
    RIVA 'GEN-3' Yamaha Power CoolerRY17081-PC-TV
    RIVA 2020+ Yamaha SVHO Pro-Series Engine Cooling Upgrade KitRY10081-ECUK-PC
    RIVA Free Flow Exhaust Kit, 2012+ FX modelsRY16070
    RIVA Yamaha Valve Retainer Upgrade Kit, 1.8LRY19040-SRU
    Solas Yamaha 160mm Concord 13/18 ImpellerYV-CD-13/18
    RIVA Yamaha Pump Seal Kit, For RY22070, FX 2012-21RY25070
    RIVA Yamaha FX SVHO & FX SHO/HO 2012-21 Top-Loader Intake GrateRY22070
    RIVA Yamaha 2019+ FX Performance Ride PlateRY21120
    RIVA Yamaha GP1800, 2019+ FX & VXR/VXS Pro-Series SponsonsRY26120

Do you need everything in that list, probably not. The thread title is about intercoolers though, so Stage 2 is where that conversation begins and the Stage 1 convo ends.

Examples...

Cooling kit, I like the Worx! The Riva is overkill in my opinion.
    Power Cooler, personal preference, but I like the Fizzle Y1000.
    Top loader intake, not a game changer
    Ride plate, not a fan. Still working the bugs out on this (along with every 2020 FX owner I have found)
    Sponsons, optional but I like the Riva better than the Worx.

Let's get some more input from other members as well, but these are my opinions. The retainers are gonna be needed if you're planning to make big RPM's and Speed. Don't skip those for sure! Plenty of folks do them on their own skis, but for me it made sense to have a pro do them. Luckily, I live in FL and have Dean's Team within a short drive. He's the man when it comes to these Yamaha skis, hands down. When you factor in the price of the needed valve tool vs labor, it only makes sense to me. My motto, "what do you have to gain, what do you have to lose?". Works for every decision I'm faced with. For a few bucks extra, I'll take my brain to the brain surgeon if you know what I mean lol. Being in Guam, I have no idea what your mechanic options are gonna be like. YouTube vid's I've found on the procedure; I'll say politely, are lacking details. Sad but true, don't think just because you buy a prepackaged kit with a cool video showing great performance that your ski's going to be perfect and it's going to do exactly as advertised. That's rarely the case! I'm sure the majority of us can agree on that one. Don't rush it, do your research. You came to the right place for sure! Have fun and enjoy the build process and all the up's/down's that come with it. With mod'd machines (cars, skis, bikes...), there will be both I assure you lol

+1
    Here in Guam heat play a big factor. so any added cooling will be a big help. The reason I ask about inter cooler is I want to install a BOV and for the price of the BOV I figure I spend a little more for a better inter cooler. Thanks for your input, I will do more homework before I spend $$ but for sure I want to get the MaptunerX and Power Filter Kit. Your input mean alot to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information