Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane1000 View Post
    That set-up will run lean....not enough fuel.
    You must have a tune if you run an intercooler, as it needs to adjust for increased power from cooler air being forced into the engine. Riva Stage 2
    So what happens when your ride in the winter and water temps are in the 50’s and air in low 60’s vs the summer when the air and water temp are 30*+ warmer? Going by what your saying you should run a winter tune and a summer tune then, right? The same concept applies.

+1
    How many on here have had problems with the Riva? I heard they tend to leak

+1
    i have seen gen 3 Riva coolers leak aswell. Fizzle are solid coolers with great after care if something goes wrong. Just remember to run a strainer!

i like booth. I run the RIVA and an Friend the Fizzle. Booth are great Quality. I like more the Riva Mounting, more clean but the fizzle got shorter pipes which is great as well.
    Riva cooler is bigger and ratet for 600 HP.....fizzle coolers are in 1000 HP+ skis as well...

Price is the same

As many have said it depends on the underlying modifications you are going to do. If you aren't running a high RPM tune, then the intercooler is not necessary. Too much air without the proper tune will inhibit performance. For reference I am currently building my 21 FX SVHO LTD

Mods are:
    Retainers
    Proper
    Intake
    RIVA BOV
    Engine Breather
    Ride plate
    sponsons
    intake grate w/ pump seal kit
    pro series cooling kit
    custom 8900 tune

I asked my performance shop about an intercooler and he said it wasn't necessary at this point in the modification process. If we were to spin 9000+ and add a bigger wheel, then an intercooler would be necessary. If I were to add an intercooler in future, it would be a FIZZLE Y1000 - the BEST in the industry imo

+1
    Fizzle with TiAl is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by rglea16 View Post
    As many have said it depends on the underlying modifications you are going to do. If you aren't running a high RPM tune, then the intercooler is not necessary. Too much air without the proper tune will inhibit performance. For reference I am currently building my 21 FX SVHO LTD

Mods are:
    Retainers
    Proper
    Intake
    RIVA BOV
    Engine Breather
    Ride plate
    sponsons
    pro series cooling kit
    custom 8900 tune

I asked my performance shop about an intercooler and he said it wasn't necessary at this point in the modification process. If we were to spin 9000+ and add a bigger wheel, then an intercooler would be necessary. If I were to add an intercooler in future, it would be a FIZZLE Y1000 - the BEST in the industry imo
    Well nothing is necessary but if you want more HP you need cold air and then add more fuel

so going stage 2 is a big jump compare to stage 1 plus the OEM Intercooler is very bad

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rglea16 View Post

Mods are:
    Retainers
    Proper
    Intake
    RIVA BOV
    Engine Breather
    Ride plate
    sponsons
    pro series cooling kit
    custom 8900 tune

Its denser air because its cooler. Thats why in the winter when temps are a lot lower you'll see a substantial rpm increase. Same concept applies to intercoolers, plus the OEM SVHO intercooler pales in comparison to aftermarket solutions like Fizzle or Riva. Cooler/denser air = less risk of detonation.

well in very cold winter times you need an 2nd map with more fuel / check AFR

but anyway the aftermarket coolers are more consistent then the oem one

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    well in very cold winter times you need an 2nd map with more fuel / check AFR

but anyway the aftermarket coolers are more consistent then the oem one
    Agree to disagree. Thatís fine on a dedicated race ski but I believe a rec ski thatís tuned should be able to reliably run in every season without changing tunes. At some point the ski thereís a line where it no longer is a recreational ski.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information