Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

How do I replace Polaris SLT750 Oil lines?

Hey everyone, I just recently finished up replacing all my fuel line in my 1994 SlT750 so I thought I would look at my oil lines to as Its been scaring me because the engine felt like it was running hot the last time rode it before I took it out of the water and also right when i got the ski I noticed a pool of oil sitting at the bottom of the hull. The oil lines are rock hard and feel very brittle. I think im going to replace just the lines and the filter unless anyone else says I should replace the pump as well. Does anyone know what I have to take off to do this task? Can i get away with just taking the plastic cover off and taking off the 9 bolts underneath it?

and also does anyone know where I can get the inline oil filter from? I cant seem to find it anywhere!!

+1
    Yes, it can be done with the flame arrestor removed. You will also need a mirror and some needlenose pliers. The inline oem filter can be flushed out in some gasoline and reused. Or you can use a Seadoo version.

Thanks for the feedback!! Do you know what size line I need? Also how much feet of it?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Crerar20 View Post
    ... look at my oil lines to as Its been scaring me because the engine felt like it was running hot the last time I rode it before I took it out of the water

... right when i got the ski I noticed a pool of oil sitting at the bottom of the hull...
    The engine ‘running hot’ is unlikely to be related to an oil leak.

Certainly the old oil hoses should be replaced if they are age hardened and likely brittle. Use good quality hoses. And clamps.

If the engine is actually ‘running hot’ that needs to be diagnosed separate from the oil hose concern. What made you decide the engine running temperature was not correct?

It felt very hot to the touch usually if I touch it its a little cooler. I could maybe hold my hand down on it for about 3 seconds. But I'm not sure if its actually overheating. Anything I should maybe check or does it sound normal to you?

+1
    Commonly on a Polaris the thermostat gets stuck. 2 allen head bolts at the rear of the cooling rail where the water inlet hose attaches. Just unscrew them and the lower section can be pulled down, then just pull the thermostat out.

+1
    Oil lines:
    pump to oil injection nipples: 3mm ID x 7mm OD... but 1/8 inch hose works and is easier to find (not as thick walled)
    tank to pump: 1/4 inch
    -- ensure it's oil rated tubing/hose.

The '94 SLT has the oil nipples on the intake manifold under the carbs. It's more of a pain to get to them. '95 SLT moved the oil nipples into the flame arrestor throats above the carbs... much easier to get to and see working.

Cheers!

Thanks for all the help guys! Also for the thermostat, will that make the engine overheat or just messes with the mfd? Because my mfd doesn’t even work.

I just took the two Allen bolts out of the water rail and this is what it looks like. Is this how it’s supposed to be? Should I take the spring and the piece on top of it out?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51A8380A-E300-4B93-ACA6-7CC6562AAECA.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	471720  

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information