+1

Tial BOV, different springs needed for my mods?

Have an F2 wheel and a lot of other stuff. I think it's listed in my signature. Anyways is the tial blow-off valve ideal as it is shipped with the spring? Or does it perform better if I increase/decrease the springs?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MJE View Post
    Have an F2 wheel and a lot of other stuff. I think it's listed in my signature. Anyways is the tial blow-off valve ideal as it is shipped with the spring? Or does it perform better if I increase/decrease the springs?
    You want a 2 or 3 psi spring, Ive seen several tial shipped out with white or yellow springs even when listed as a 2psi spring, do yourself a favor. Open it up and verify it has the green 2psi spring in it.

+1
    My original Fizzle/Tial Combo had a yellow spring in it. Replaced it with a green spring for the charger set up (green will be open at idle, and slowly close and be fully closed 5500-6000 rpms unless you stab throttle then closes )

Yellow spring is more for a turbo set up.

+1
    The TiAL's we sell have the white 8 PSI spring in it, which is perfect for stock superchargers and works well with 20 PSI wheels or less. We use the 2 PSI spring in anything bigger than that. We only keep a handful of 10 PSI TiAL's in stock so if it truly came from us with a yellow spring then it was a mistake on our part.

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    My original Fizzle/Tial Combo had a yellow spring in it. Replaced it with a green spring for the charger set up (green will be open at idle, and slowly close and be fully closed 5500-6000 rpms unless you stab throttle then closes )

Yellow spring is more for a turbo set up.

+1
    My sho ski came with a fizzle, and tial set up. Then I got it, worked with you on a replacement as it was leaking after finally testing it. I found the spring was wrong right when I got the ski. and all i know is pervious owner said he got fizzle tial all at once. So knows, not blaming you James. just stating it happens and can be wrong if you want to be sure take it apart and have a look.

+1
    I ordered a brand new one from Riva just in case. I still have my fizzle one that has about 5 hours on it as well as his intercooler. Just figured since the ski sat I would replace the tial unit.

+1

Tial BOV, different springs needed for my mods?

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    The TiAL's we sell have the white 8 PSI spring in it, which is perfect for stock superchargers and works well with 20 PSI wheels or less. We use the 2 PSI spring in anything bigger than that. We only keep a handful of 10 PSI TiAL's in stock so if it truly came from us with a yellow spring then it was a mistake on our part.
    If i understand right, Fizzle used to sell Tial’s with 2psi springs?
    And everyone say that 2 or 3 psi spring is way to go.
    But now Fizzle is selling with 8psi spring and Riva 8 or 10psi.
    What is the reason for using stiffer springs now?
    Do I loose boost or acceleration if I’m using 17psi wheel and 2psi spring, compared 8psi spring??
    Last edited by tonkka; 02-21-2021 at 03:44 AM.

Thread Information