Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Custom Seat cover-not HT, JeTrim, pformXstitch

Hello,

Wondering who could make me a basic seat cover. I have one of the last Polaris skis to walk off the assembly line. This is a one of two ski. Never released to the public. Iím trying to keep it as oem as possible and the seat needs redone.

Hydro Turf, and jet trim said they couldnít. They only offer the generic line set and stitching. The seat I want done is a bit different. PerformXstitching I have not reached out to but seems to be a lot of customer service issues. Everywhere I read online there are negative reviews about not completing work. Not looking to go down this road.

wondering if anyone could make this seat cover as oem as possible. Will attach pics below

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A084B01D-EB89-4547-8DA3-BAA9E8CF5E36.jpeg 
Views:	125 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	471387   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E434AE93-A6D5-4454-A7D6-04106CF89DAE.png 
Views:	118 
Size:	3.77 MB 
ID:	471388   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	C6CBDFD5-7A66-4D01-9E9C-2FB0E4F054CC.png 
Views:	120 
Size:	2.25 MB 
ID:	471390  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Jet Trim said they would not do a custom seat cover for the seat, or they no longer offer even their Ďstandardí patterns for the MSX seat?

Years ago we had Jettrim recover our MSX seat. At the time they explained that there were difficulties in getting the MSX seat covers to fit properly so they would only do it if the entire seat were sent to them. Apparently they had early customers trying to fit their Ďmeasured and cut to fití jettrim MSX seat cover and finding variations in the actual seat made the new cover fit poorly.

We did ship the entire seat to them (in a huge padded box) and it came back with a well fitted seat cover in our chosen colors. If it would be helpful we could hunt around for the original order info, regarding pattern and stitching options.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Jet Trim said they would not do a custom seat cover for the seat, or they no longer offer even their ‘standard’ patterns for the MSX seat?

Years ago we had Jettrim recover our MSX seat. At the time they explained that there were difficulties in getting the MSX seat covers to fit properly so they would only do it if the entire seat were sent to them. Apparently they had early customers trying to fit their ‘measured and cut to fit’ jettrim MSX seat cover and finding variations in the actual seat made the new cover fit poorly.

We did ship the entire seat to them (in a huge padded box) and it came back with a well fitted seat cover in our chosen colors. If it would be helpful we could hunt around for the original order info, regarding pattern and stitching options.
    JeTrim was super helpful and professional through email. They said they would make me a cover no issue at all. But would not be able to make the seat that I have in the pictures above. I’ll post the stitching pattern they offered. Looks like only one. Also within that pattern, they had a ton of swatches and colors to choose from to make it different. Just looking to have a different pattern made.

As far as sending in the seat nothing was mentioned. Maybe they have the msx seat dimensions sorted out right now.
    Yeah
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8591FFD6-3389-43B3-ACE2-3FCB98338D75.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	471391  

+1
    Rick, owner of Pform Xstitch did an awesome job on my old FX seat last year. Super nice guy, but I was able to drive over & drop my seat off in person. He even dropped the seat off on his way to Georgia. I believe he just moved into a new shop due to demand, so I know he's been busy. Shipping will be pricey. For me, my 2 piece FX seat cost around $400. Good luck.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    I would try a local upholstery shop. Thats something they should be able to make for you.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    I would try a local upholstery shop. Thats something they should be able to make for you.
    I was going to suggest the same thing. Any local upholstery shop.....piece of cake. Just know that if they don't have the exact color you need in stock you will normally need to buy a full yard at a time. So....3 colors = 3 yards marine grade vinyl, that's about $75. Then an hour or so to make the pattern, plus another 2 hours to cut and sew and staple it on.

+1
    Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Going to stop in at a local upholstery shop.

+1
    how was the turn around time with him? Is he the current owner?

Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    Rick, owner of Pform Xstitch did an awesome job on my old FX seat last year. Super nice guy, but I was able to drive over & drop my seat off in person. He even dropped the seat off on his way to Georgia. I believe he just moved into a new shop due to demand, so I know he's been busy. Shipping will be pricey. For me, my 2 piece FX seat cost around $400. Good luck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    how was the turn around time with him? Is he the current owner?
    As I recall, a week to 10 days. Same owner.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rooster View Post
    As I recall, a week to 10 days. Same owner.
    wow Thatís really fast! I wish mine was that quick. Iíve been asking around to see if others have experienced the same as I have. He has had mine seat for six weeks and there is no sign of getting it back anytime soon. It has been an excuse after excuse. Itís unfortunate because he does do good work however, his customer service is poor. There is no one to complain to except him and I feel like the more you ask him when it will be done the longer it will take. Lesson learned for next time.

11. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information