Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31
  1. #1
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    38,117
    +1
    3,211

    The results are in, 2021 GP1800 vs 2021 RXP-X 300

    Please share and like and subscribe to the GreenHulk Garage YouTube channel



  2. #2
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,470
    +1
    976
    Was the Doo not staying hooked up as well as the GP in rough water or was it just not tracking straight? The T3 hull never tracked straight in rough due to the deep-v, always required a lot of rider input.

  3. #3
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    38,117
    +1
    3,211
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Was the Doo not staying hooked up as well as the GP in rough water or was it just not tracking straight? The T3 hull never tracked straight in rough due to the deep-v, always required a lot of rider input.
    it stayed hooked up just fine, it just bow hunted just like the T3 hull did. Sponsons should correct this issue.

  4. #4
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,889
    +1
    2,516
    I'd like to see a retest after the GP's transome is sealed up properly. Still stock to stock.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Posts
    74
    +1
    4
    Speed aside, the RXP is definitely better looking.

  6. #6
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,470
    +1
    976
    Anyone know how much weight the audio system add?

  7. #7
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    978
    +1
    127
    Given the power to weight ratio advantage of the RXP and the ongoing cavitation issues of the GP, the results were totally expected.
    I would however expect the GP to be faster on the top end after the limiter is removed. It simply has less hull dragging in the water.

  8. #8
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,470
    +1
    976
    Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    Given the power to weight ratio advantage of the RXP and the ongoing cavitation issues of the GP, the results were totally expected.
    I would however expect the GP to be faster on the top end after the limiter is removed. It simply has less hull dragging in the water.
    Yamaha must be under rating the SVHO for whatever reason. I don't buy it that SVHO only makes 250hp, if that was true it would be way slower in stock form. Either BRP is over rating or Yamaha is under rating.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Jax,FL
    Posts
    4,921
    +1
    1,003
    Nicely done!

    Have to say I was hoping it be a little quicker than my stock 2019 but not totally surprised. 3.7x is what I saw on my 2019.

    2019 RXPX 300 - Bone Stock - Vbox 0-60 runs (greenhulk.net)

    One of these days I'll vbox my 21px.

  10. #10
    Team Bilford's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Fort Worth, Texas
    Posts
    978
    +1
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    Nicely done!

    Have to say I was hoping it be a little quicker than my stock 2019 but not totally surprised. 3.7x is what I saw on my 2019.

    2019 RXPX 300 - Bone Stock - Vbox 0-60 runs (greenhulk.net)

    One of these days I'll vbox my 21px.
    "One of these days".........

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. What’s faster, 2021 RXP-X or 2021 GP1800R SVHO?
    By Green Hulk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-10-2021, 10:58 PM
  2. What’s faster, 2021 RXP-X or 2021 GP1800R SVHO?
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-08-2021, 05:13 PM
  3. Video: 2021 Sea-Doo RXP-X 300 vs. 2021 Yamaha GP1800R SVHO Shootout
    By Rustymuscle in forum The Watercraft Journal
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2021, 12:40 PM
  4. What’s faster, 2021 RXP-X or 2021 GP1800R SVHO?
    By Green Hulk in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-30-2021, 02:55 PM
  5. Seadoo 2021 GTI 170 Or Yamaha 2021 VX Cruiser HO
    By Han in forum Open Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-29-2020, 06:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •