2003 GTX water in oil boil-out or ???

Just picked up a 2003 supercharged GTX limited yesterday 86 hours. The owner met me at his fresh water lake house. He said the house water pressure is 70 PSI ( way high for residential piping) and he believes the motor got water in it when he ran the Sea-Doo on a garden hose for 10 to 15 minutes. He was an older gentleman and seemed to be very straightforward and a genuinely good retired guy in his 60s.

Questions:
    1. 10 to 15 minutes on a garden hose at 70 PSI... (Or even 50 psi for that matter)Would it be likely that water would back up through the exhaust into the motor?

2. He said he did suck the oil out through the dipstick right away after he noticed the water intrusion after he ran it on the garden hose. With a super clean totally freshwater ski and fresh water intrusion into the motor... What clean out procedure should a guy use? I've seen WaveRunners with large amounts of water in the oil and this does look like it has a very small amount of residual water in there that has sat for about 6 to 12 months maximum like it is now. It has not been run on the lake since the incident. Just ran on garden hose... Likely no more than 5 or 10 minutes total run time since according to his very thorough intel. He was very upfront about the water intrusion before I bought it and the price definitely reflected the problem. Anybody think it might be okay to just try the boil out procedure (if necessary) after I do three or four more oil changes?

3. If boil out is not recommended by you guys is there any other part that I absolutely must remove to make sure the oil is cleaned out of it? Oil cooler?

4. Based on everything else you guys recommend is there anything that should be done as a mandatory item before I put everything back together?

Mahalo

I would be concerned about the carbon seal if it was ran out of the water for that long.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Wire4Money View Post
    I would be concerned about the carbon seal if it was ran out of the water for that long.
    Agreed. This is what I would be most worried about.
    He probably ran the water into the ski without the motor running or shut the motor off with the water still running.
    Since the carbon seal needs to be changed now anyways you can run it on the hose without fear of damaging it, just do 3, 4, 5 oil changes, how ever many it takes till you see no more milky oil. No need to remove the oil cooler.

Okay thank you guys. So just to confirm... Since the water is minimally milky right now, use the existing oil filter and run upwards of five oil changes through it. After each of the oil changes I should run the ski on a garden hose at idle for no more than 5 minutes and then change oil over and over till no more milky. Then do one last oil change with a quality 10w40 oil or Sea-Doo oil and new filter I assume.

If I remove that plastic boot around the carbon seal what I expect to see water squirting out of it on a garden hose test or only when the ski is actually on the water? I assume that is only when you're on the water that you're going to see that problem.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macGruber View Post
    If I remove that plastic boot around the carbon seal what I expect to see water squirting out of it on a garden hose test or only when the ski is actually on the water? I assume that is only when you're on the water that you're going to see that problem.
    Yes, only on the water. Even then you may not have a leak at idle. You may need to get it up in speed a little. Just dont go to far from shore! lol

Ha! That being said, these Sea-Doos are okay to tow on the water at any speed correct? Don't need a block anything off?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by macGruber View Post
    Ha! That being said, these Sea-Doos are okay to tow on the water at any speed correct? Don't need a block anything off?
    Most people will tell you that you need to pinch the water inlet hose from the pump........... I am not one of them.

Thread Information