WOT RPM's on 2016 RXP-X with Stock verses Solas Concord SXX-CD-13/18 Prop

About a month ago I purchased a 2016 Seadoo RXP-X with the
    following Riva Mods. Power filter kit, Free flow exhaust kit, Speed control
    override module, Rear exhaust kit, pro series waterbox, intercooler tubing
    upgrade kit with blowoff valve and Riva sponsons, Unfortunately I got it too
    late in the season (northeast) to try it out.

Looking to pick up a MaptunerX and flash it with one of the stage 2 programs which I think sets the rev limiter at around 8500 RPM's. Just wondering the difference I would see between running the stock prop verses a Solas Concord SXX-CD-13/18 Prop. Just trying to determine if it is worth spending the money on the Solas prop. Perhaps it depends if you want the best top speed or best acceleration. Hoping to get the machine to 80 MPH. Only other mod I am looking at right now is the Intake manifold upgrade kit which removes the filter element which is suppose to increase boost by 1 psi.

Any information from someone who has swapped out the prop would be greatly appreciated. Did the RPM's change? What kind of performance difference did they experience?

Can't wait to try this ski out. Previous ski was a 2012 RXT-X 260. I will be out there with my wetsuit on when the ice comes off the lakes around here.

+1
    You should get about 150 more RPM with the 13/18. You can also get the stock prop repiched. I have several repithched stock, the Solas 13/16 and the 13/18. I like the 13/18 best overal. I would do the stage 2 tune IMUK tune and get rid of the the internal flame arrestor in the intake manifold.

+1
    You should see anywhere between 8200 to 8500 with the 13/18 depending on elevation, air and water temp.

I think the 13/18 is the pick, but reliability is the issue. I would be sticking clear of it.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRIVERBOY View Post
    You should see anywhere between 8200 to 8500 with the 13/18 depending on elevation, air and water temp.

Thanks for the feedback. Who does repitching and how much does it cost. I have heard about some people that had issues with the Solas impeller breaking. Any thoughts on that? Sounds like you have done some experimenting with different impellers. Is it a normal trade off between acceleration and top speed?

Looks like your 2016 ski is where I want to end up. Thanks again for taking the time to response.

"I think the 13/18 is the pick, but reliability is the issue. I would be sticking clear of it."

Thank you Gocman for the response. I have heard where a Solas impeller has failed.

Thread Information