Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    looks like you're going to need a bigger soldering iron (to assemble the battery pak)

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by nashvegas View Post
    You wouldn’t need all of that battery ...
    A Tesla car cruising on the highway needs about 15 kilowatt-hours per hour.
    About four miles traveled per kilowatt-hour consumed from the battery. So about 250 watt-hours per mile.

A PWC needs several times that energy just to be on plane.

At wide open a stock Seadoo 300 is producing circa 230 Kilowatts, continuous. Do that for an hour and you have produced and consumed 230 kilowatt-hours of energy. Top speed of say 80mph (stock engine power, but being generous).
    230Kw/80 miles = about 3,000 watts per mile.

About twelve times the energy per mile compared to the car.

The Tesla Model 3 battery is about 77 kilowatt-hours stored energy. Put that battery in the Seadoo 300 hull (and somehow have the entire package weigh the same as a stock Seadoo) and you can go 25 miles at wide open.

But that Model 3 battery pack is (roughly) 85 inches long, 58 inches wide and weighs half a ton.

+1
    Electric sounds good but many forget the amount of energy watercraft use moving thru the water. Take a ski boat that weighs 4000 lbs. (older type ski boat) with a 350 engine. That engine may get close to 20 mpg cruising at 60 mph, but the same engine in that boat is lucky to get 3 mpg at 35 mph. Instead of just rolling on a road, boats are pushing water out of the way plus pushing it using the prop or impeller. Watercraft's hp use increases with speed exponentially, while a car uses a good bit getting moving but can drop to 15-20 hp at cruise.

4. +1 by:

Always wanted to try this too. Keep us updated if you do!

+1
    I’m more so referencing a killer drag type setup with just enough battery to make a 2-3 second pass in a low weight high torque and horsepower setup.

I wasn’t a believer at all in electric technology until other mfgs continued to push EV further like in the link I posted earlier.

What’s the new hummer EV supposed to produce like 1000hp and 11,000+ lb foot of torque?? That’s what 25x the amount of torque and 5x the horse power of the military H1 diesel hummer? Not to mention the WTF mode 0-60 in 3 seconds rolling on 35’s in a big ass truck??

HUMMER H1 is powered by a retuned 6.5L, turbo-diesel V-8 engine that for delivers 205 horsepower (152 kw) at 3400 rpm and an impressive 440 lb. -ft. (596 Nm) of torque at 1800 rpm. That's 10 horsepower (7 kw) and 10 lb.

I bought a lithium Milwaukee trimmer last year and I'll never have another gas one PERIOD. Granted... That's entirely different from a vehicle. I'd be down to replace everything I own with a battery if the price, range, and recharge abilities are up to snuff.

+1
    My plan was to replace the current fuel cells with the equivalent weight of batteries.
    This should be more than enough run the ski in a drag race.

The main goal would be insane performance rather than endurance..

If range was an issue you could probably look at making a hydrogen fuel cell to power the electric motors.

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterholics View Post
    My plan was to replace the current fuel cells with the equivalent weight of batteries.
    This should be more than enough run the ski in a drag race.

The main goal would be insane performance rather than endurance..

If range was an issue you could probably look at making a hydrogen fuel cell to power the electric motors.
    Ok as long as you are thinking drag and top speed runs, electric will work great..

Hell depending on how far you want to go with it, think about building your own battery packs(from the tesla pack) ,Like 4-6 25lb packs that you can swap in n out at a time.

Then have extras in the trailer on charge..

Its very hard think about milage with electric because everything you compared it to has regen/braking ..

Cooling the packs shouldn't be a factor either because of the short run secerio of drag..

Have Fun..

⚡️ Electric Yamaha FX FZ GP ⚡️

Quote Originally Posted by LivingSlow View Post
    I bought a lithium Milwaukee trimmer last year and I'll never have another gas one PERIOD. Granted... That's entirely different from a vehicle. I'd be down to replace everything I own with a battery if the price, range, and recharge abilities are up to snuff.
    yea i bought 2 of the ego power blowers i feel the same way

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by LivingSlow View Post
    Push mower, chainsaw and weedeater. all ryobi 40v I will never go back.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information