temperature alarm

Hey I was wondering if anybody had a schematic on the high temperature alarms on a SVHO? I want to just unplug the sensors because from what Iíve read they go to ground to alarm. One of my sensors is bad the Yamaha shop near me says itís not the one in the exhaust because they say they can tell the difference between the two. So I was just going to unplug it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    Hey I was wondering if anybody had a schematic on the high temperature alarms on a SVHO? I want to just unplug the sensors because from what I’ve read they go to ground to alarm. One of my sensors is bad the Yamaha shop near me says it’s not the one in the exhaust because they say they can tell the difference between the two. So I was just going to unplug it.
    I take it you don't have YDS yourself? Some can be unplugged, some will cause an alarm if unplugged. Each has it's own ECU input pin. Names given in the service manual :

"Thermo Switch" (on/off), exhaust port, pink, ecu 64, Test continuity on bench at 201-212F (and will reopen 201-176 F). Causes the abrupt over-temp alarm & limp mode.

"Engine Temp Sensor" (analog 5v), engine stbd aft, black/yellow ecu 23, Test resistance on bench: 68F = 54-69 K ohms, 212F = 3.12 - 3.48 K ohms. Will cause check-engine warnings if unplugged.

"Thermo Sensor" (analog 5v), engine stbd fwd, black/blue, ecu 13, Test resistance on bench: 32F = 24-37 K ohms, 212F = 0.88 - 1.18 K ohms.

Can't remember which analog sensor is for AFR mappings.
    All sensors have black/orange wires as ground.

So the easiest thing to do, pull the suspect sensor from the ski, and dip it in a pot of boiling water while measuring the leads with a DVM.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    I take it you don't have YDS yourself?
    Its my understanding YDS 1.33 which can be had cheap does not work on anything newer then 2011( was the last year compatible with v1.33.)

not sure you can get 2.0 for reasonable price?

5. +1 by:

I take it you don't have YDS yourself? Some can be unplugged, some will cause an alarm if unplugged. Each has it's own ECU input pin. Names given in the service manual :

"Thermo Switch" (on/off), exhaust port, pink, ecu 64, Test continuity on bench at 201-212F (and will reopen 201-176 F). Causes the abrupt over-temp alarm & limp mode.

"Engine Temp Sensor" (analog 5v), engine stbd aft, black/yellow ecu 23, Test resistance on bench: 68F = 54-69 K ohms, 212F = 3.12 - 3.48 K ohms. Will cause check-engine warnings if unplugged.

"Thermo Sensor" (analog 5v), engine stbd fwd, black/blue, ecu 13, Test resistance on bench: 32F = 24-37 K ohms, 212F = 0.88 - 1.18 K ohms.

Can't remember which analog sensor is for AFR mappings.
    All sensors have black/orange wires as ground.

So the easiest thing to do, pull the suspect sensor from the ski, and dip it in a pot of boiling water while measuring the leads with a DVM.
    thanks man i appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    Its my understanding YDS 1.33 which can be had cheap does not work on anything newer then 2011( was the last year compatible with v1.33.)

thanks a bunch for the help M!

+1

Well, technically it does and it doesn't work - depending on what you want to see/read/test. So 1.33 does indeed connect to greater than 2011 crafts, it pulls run hours error codes, live-tests the FI's etc... it just won't show the newer stuff since - like RiDE codes, etc... and for seabrook's sake, it might not show that other (2nd) analog sensor - I can't remember.

Yeah, I think its licensing (not cost) that makes 2.0 unattainable for the end-user. I'd suggest Candoo as an alternative.

Also, I must apologizes for context ... I need to get out of the habit of saying 'YDS' when actually referencing ECU Diagnostics in-general.

9. +1 by:

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1

the program can be found (needs a code) But even with code (I have 1) you still need the cables n box , that will cost 700-1100 bucks..

Well, technically it does and it doesn't work - depending on what you want to see/read/test. So 1.33 does indeed connect to greater than 2011 crafts, it pulls run hours error codes, live-tests the FI's etc... it just won't show the newer stuff since - like RiDE codes, etc... and for seabrook's sake, it might not show that other (2nd) analog sensor - I can't remember.

Yeah, I think its licensing (not cost) that makes 2.0 unattainable for the end-user. I'd suggest Candoo as an alternative.

Also, I must apologizes for context ... I need to get out of the habit of saying 'YDS' when actually referencing ECU Diagnostics in-general.
    Thanks TimeBandit...
    After the .db file rename , I have not needed Candoo for anything..(I only used Candoo once, it told me ETV error and some other wacked out shit- Found Timing chain had snapped -so it didn't help..)
    Yds 1.x will read rpm time logs But not read error codes for me , but that doesn't matter because I can trigger each coil/injector to see if they are working(although they seem to run reverse of the real cylinder number --ex. I trigger coil on cyl in yds and cyl 4 on the motor fires,, same with injectors)..And I don't need to read codes for RIde because those codes are on the dash 158-159 etc...
    Works great at checking temp sensors,stop/start buttons,throttle and reverse levers...

11. +1 by:

+1
    so for my 2016 SVHO, on a FZ so no ride or anything.

I can get the old YDS 1.33 with the cable and copied CD, and I can hook up to ski to do diagnostic, and stuff? if so that's awesome..

13. +1 by:

+1
    so for my 2016 SVHO, on a FZ so no ride or anything.

I can get the old YDS 1.33 with the cable and copied CD, and I can hook up to ski to do diagnostic, and stuff? if so that's awesome..
    That's exactly what I'm saying {in a quiet-like whisper} .
    It won't be perfect, so like keyzbum mentioned, you can do some actives tests like firing the coils and FIs, it will show the state (on/off) of most switches (think OTS, flip-over, exhaust over-temp, just to name a few. You'll also access the RPM band of run hours (aka how many hours at WOT verses cruising, idle). You can poll the past errors and at what hour it triggered, and clear/reset the log. Engine analog temp sensor current temp, TPS voltage. My engine is a 2014 1.8 NA, so I hear from others that your 1.33 compatibility may be more or may be less depending on actual year. Remember, 1.32 was for the MR1 days, then updated to 1.33 for the early 1.8L support, then replaced by 2.0.

////

Keyzbum ... can I use my 1.33 cables and box kit with the 2.0 software?

15. +1 by:

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1

////

Keyzbum ... can I use my 1.33 cables and box kit with the 2.0 software?
    No It (the program) is looking for a adapter interface box made by Mitsubishi (I think)

Now it May be possible But Not without a lot of driver and file work..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tdis2.jpg 
Views:	97 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	470950  

17. +1 by:

Thread Information