Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by sike-o View Post
    Mountain Motorsports was original dealer

I am sorry that Mountain Motorsports is whom your dealing with. I too have had a grim experience with them. the only way to be heard is take them to court. Speaking from experience here.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    that’s why i never buy the first year of a redesign
    lol because a wrong transom plate is the end of the world ha lol...jesus

+1
    sike-o, sounds to be you did everything correctly, except one thing ... you acted too-soon on this. Don't get me wrong, this will put some needed pressure on Yamaha, as customers are bring their PWC back in, but imagine the flip-side, if there had been some sort of re-call out on this already, the skids would having been greased already. And apparently (as in - until Yamaha makes a decision) that call hasn't been made just yet. So I'd grab your ski and ride it until a decision is officially made.
    Heck, thinking aloud here ... lemon-laws or warranty claim .... nothing like opening a case and involving a LL mediator to contact Yamaha in order to get an "official answer".

YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION, U.S.A. 2015 AND LATER MODEL WAVERUNNER® WATERCRAFT LIMITED WARRANTY

PERIOD OF WARRANTY.
    Any new Yamaha WaveRunner watercraft purchased for pleasure use will be warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein.
    . . . .
    OBTAINING REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY.
    During the period of warranty, any authorized Yamaha WaveRunner Watercraft Dealer will, free of charge, repair or replace, at Yamaha’s option, any part adjudged defective by Yamaha due to faulty workmanship or material from the factory. All parts replaced under warranty will become the property of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
    . . . .
    https://www.yamahawaverunners.com/warranty/
    Last edited by TimeBandit; 02-17-2021 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Warranty quote added

well i would eat it and order this plate and fix it by yourself, it is what is it. when an dealer change the transom plate i see the chance very high that they dont do it the correct way...maybe you get water in the hull because of the wrong silicone/gasket marker or the alignment is not right...i dont trust dealers...

just an example.... in 2017 i bought an brand new seadoo and they changed the gasket in the water pump it was an recall...they did it while i was waiting when i bought the ski...

end of the song was they forgott to install all screws...after 15 minutes of riding i lost all coolant.... so i was forced to ride back without cooling... it was in salt water.. so my head gesket blew up....

i called them and this guy from the service department didnt even know there is coolant on the seadoo skis....so i hang up... took the motor apart, installed an new head gasket, an new water pump gasket and no problems anymore... if i would take it to them maybe i can wait until now...

better to spend money and do it yourself the rigth way other wait weeks over weeks and they dont do it correct.. just my 2 cents

BTW... i want this new Transom Plate for my 2020 GP Ski as well but they are on backorder and i dont know for how long...they can extend it 10 times..so i just ordert the deans team plate....

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    sike-o, sounds to be you did everything correctly, except one thing ... you acted too-soon on this. Don't get me wrong, this will put some needed pressure on Yamaha, as customers are bring their PWC back in, but imagine the flip-side, if there had been some sort of re-call out on this already, the skids would having been greased already. And apparently (as in - until Yamaha makes a decision) that call hasn't been made just yet. So I'd grab your ski and ride it until a decision is officially made.
    Heck, thinking aloud here ... lemon-laws or warranty claim .... nothing like opening a case and involving a LL mediator to contact Yamaha in order to get an "official answer".

YAMAHA MOTOR CORPORATION, U.S.A. 2015 AND LATER MODEL WAVERUNNER® WATERCRAFT LIMITED WARRANTY

PERIOD OF WARRANTY.
    Any new Yamaha WaveRunner watercraft purchased for pleasure use will be warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein.
    . . . .
    OBTAINING REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY.
    During the period of warranty, any authorized Yamaha WaveRunner Watercraft Dealer will, free of charge, repair or replace, at Yamaha’s option, any part adjudged defective by Yamaha due to faulty workmanship or material from the factory. All parts replaced under warranty will become the property of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
    . . . .
    https://www.yamahawaverunners.com/warranty/

I probably was too soon. I was just hoping to get everything taken care while it is too cold to ride. I don't want any downtime this summer. I did pick it up yesterday from the service center and I guess I will just wait around and see if Yamaha ever does anything. Thanks for your input.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jefc73 View Post
    mine has the 155mm plate as well. Iam pissed. will be calling the dealership tomorrow to contact the Yamaha rep. Get me the 160 plate to fix or get it to my dealership or I will contact my legal team to handle period.... the 2021 ski was advertised as having the 160mm plate. Make your screw up right Yamaha....
    Jeff. What year GP do you have?

2021. Talked to my dealer and Yamaha hasnt done anything about it yet as far as he knows. When you access the plate on the yamaha parts page you can see the part number but cannot order the part. They have it on hold and I would assume until all the 21's get built first. Either way iam good. I will order it or get another 155 plate and have it bored to 160mm

8. +1 by:

Just picked up my 21' Yesterday, build date of 9/20... Has the wrong 155 plate on it as well.. 6CS-1 Part #.
    Last edited by Ponderthis; 02-27-2021 at 08:52 AM.

+1
    Where abouts are you?? Curious as I’m waiting on mine, ordered back in late September. Wondering if I can run into this as well...

+1
    Dean's Team usually has them in stock ready to go.....

They can modify yours for a fee.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread Information