Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    +1
    Here is the correct part number just FYI they are on back order
    YAM-6JN-G5831-00-00

+1
    Ok, did some digging in the OEM parts finder. If that is correct here is what I found because the part #'s didn't make sense, so I went as far back as 2018 looking for that part#. If the casting is correct it seems we were given the VXR/HO transom plate which has the same part# for 2018 - 21

2018 GP1800
    6ET-G5831-20-00
    PLATE, TRANSOM

2018 VXR
    6CS-G5831-20-00
    PLATE, TRANSOM

2019 GP1800SVHO
    6ET-G5831-20-00
    PLATE, TRANSOM

2020 GP1800SVHO
    6ET-G5831-20-00
    PLATE, TRANSOM

2020 GP1800HO
    6CS-G5831-20-00
    PLATE, TRANSOM

2021 GP1800SVHO
    6JN-G5831-00-00
    PLATE, TRANSOM

2021 GP1800HO
    6CS-G5831-20-00
    PLATE, TRANSOM

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Saum700p View Post
    I doubt thats recall worthy. For it to be a recall it would have to be a safety issue. I'm more in line with they used the rest of the old stock on the first run of the builds and then switched over. It's simple business, no wasted old stock of product.
    Disagree Saum700p - I'm with pwc4life on this ... it's a big deal. Old stock becomes OEM parts inventory for years following - aka no dire need to exhaust it. Yet more-over, I checked the 2021 part fiche, and the new part number is indeed listed AND only listed. Therefore, any 2021 craft that rolled off the assembly without that part number, is deemed deficient/defective - period. With the raised ridge (155mm) creates an unintentional venturi-effect due to mixed-matched diameters. That's an engineering flaw my friend.

True, there are historically some years that a part is transitioning mid-year, it is well documented, and usually a revision-change. The fiche will show both. Not the case here. Go back to my post #4 on this thread ... do you see where I pointed out the Model Code has changed for 2021? That means a non-interchangeable (non-backward compatible) part. So you see, "using up last years inventory" means placing an incompatible part onto the 2021 craft.

Decoding Yamaha Part Numbers:
    https://www.yamaha-enduros.com/index...a-part-numbers

My guess, this shamefully got past QA for the initial 2021 run, and/or some individual (line manager) made a bad call without approval, it could be isolated to a particular batch run and plant location. I'm certain Yamaha is aware already, and they just need to know we are too. A recall should be imminent.

Man, I was really looking into getting a 21 GP1800 SVHO in the next few weeks but this has me a bit spooked. What is going in with Yamaha quality control right now?

The Main Problem is that the most Salesman at the Powersports Stores have no Idea from the Producs..they just know HP and so but they dont know the Details like this.
    I guess it is very hard to let them know what the problem is as well have the dealership change out this plate and the manufactor pays for it... when it becomes an recall yes but for now ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Disagree Saum700p - I'm with pwc4life on this ... it's a big deal. Old stock becomes OEM parts inventory for years following - aka no dire need to exhaust it. Yet more-over, I checked the 2021 part fiche, and the new part number is indeed listed AND only listed. Therefore, any 2021 craft that rolled off the assembly without that part number, is deemed deficient/defective - period. With the raised ridge (155mm) creates an unintentional venturi-effect due to mixed-matched diameters. That's an engineering flaw my friend.

True, there are historically some years that a part is transitioning mid-year, it is well documented, and usually a revision-change. The fiche will show both. Not the case here. Go back to my post #4 on this thread ... do you see where I pointed out the Model Code has changed for 2021? That means a non-interchangeable (non-backward compatible) part. So you see, "using up last years inventory" means placing an incompatible part onto the 2021 craft.

Decoding Yamaha Part Numbers:
    https://www.yamaha-enduros.com/index...a-part-numbers

My guess, this shamefully got past QA for the initial 2021 run, and/or some individual (line manager) made a bad call without approval, it could be isolated to a particular batch run and plant location. I'm certain Yamaha is aware already, and they just need to know we are too. A recall should be imminent.

Oh cmon, no way in hell this gets recalled. Most of the affected ski's will be ridden just fine and no one will get hurt from it. Timing chains never got recalled and you think this has a case?? Not that big a deal if you ask me.

The Quality is not ths same as 10 Years ago....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAMT View Post
    The Main Problem is that the most Salesman at the Powersports Stores have no Idea from the Producs..they just know HP and so but they dont know the Details like this.
    I guess it is very hard to let them know what the problem is as well have the dealership change out this plate and the manufactor pays for it... when it becomes an recall yes but for now ?
    Therein lies the problem. How do I get my dealer to claim this to Yamaha as a warranty claim if at all? They will ask if the ski is not able to be ridden?

I am calling them along with attempting to call Yamaha directly and see where this goes if anywhere.

I believe Yamaha will make it right. They have always taken good care of me. my ski had warranty claims that ended up being close to $15,000 and I know Sea-Doo or other manufactures would never do that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    I believe Yamaha will make it right. They have always taken good care of me. my ski had warranty claims that ended up being close to $15,000 and I know Sea-Doo or other manufactures would never do that.
    They have always been good with me too. I haven't really had many interactions with them but when I have it has been stellar from both the dealer and Yamaha. Hoping this will go as smooth.
    The difference I think is that this case is an incorrect part rather than a malfunctioning part, so its definitely new ground for me, lol.

11. +1 by:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread Information