Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    Does it taper from 155 where it meets the intake grate and pump tunnel to 160 at the wear ring?
    Just speculating ... I'd highly doubt it, given its theoretically the old 155 part and that didn't have a tapper.

+1
    @shhr what is the build date of your GP? Mine was built in Sept and delivered to me in Oct.
    Can we check it reliably without dismantling the pump?

when this is the case it is not fair to do handle customers like this all pay the same price and many people get the old plate...that is not ok...

+1
    Ok here is what I have. I have 2 GP1800 one with the date of 9/11 one with a date of 10/13. The 10/13 has the correct transom plate the 9/11 boat has the old style. I have also confirmed 4 other boats with old
    style transoms but I don’t know the production dates. You can take a flash light and look on the top left hand side and see the numbers of you see 6JN then your good if you see 6cs1 you got screwed

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D9347846-6F57-4F75-9F09-425CC402F7E9.jpg 
Views:	381 
Size:	46.2 KB 
ID:	470918  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    I don't want to fuel a theory .... but that's a good one, and totally plausible given it were either deliberate or accidental ... and if this becomes fact, doubt we'll ever know which, and would this be recall-worthy? I say heck ya.
    Either way, Imma seeing another (or updated) "sticky" along the lines of .... "All 2021 GP owners ... measure your transom plate".
    I doubt thats recall worthy. For it to be a recall it would have to be a safety issue. I'm more in line with they used the rest of the old stock on the first run of the builds and then switched over. It's simple business, no wasted old stock of product.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by shhr View Post
    Ok here is what I have. I have 2 GP1800 one with the date of 9/11 one with a date of 10/13. The 10/13 has the correct transom plate the 9/11 boat has the old style. I have also confirmed 4 other boats with old
    style transoms but I don’t know the production dates. You can take a flash light and look on the top left hand side and see the numbers of you see 6JN then your good if you see 6cs1 you got screwed
    Thanks SHHR,
    Just checked and mine has 6CS1, not good, not good at all. Need to start contacting Yamaha because if we paid for certain parts on my ski then that is what I expect it to have.

+1
    Guys, speaking as a manufacturing engineer this is a big deal. How this slipped thru the quality control process on their assembly line is a big deal. I don't work for Yamaha, but knowing what I know about automotive assembly, you do not put the wrong part on a vehicle just to use up old stock. They should have in-line poka-yokes (error proofing devices) that do not allow this to happen. When multiples makes, models and trim packages are rolling down the same assembly line, and I suspect they do in their plant, it is very important to have robust part traceability. I bet the operator grabbed the wrong part and assembled the craft. Long story short Yamaha needs to correct this. This redesigned transom has been heavily marketed and people paid for the performance it is supposed to provide. Hopefully they have a way of identifying which craft slipped out of the plant like this, but the burden will most likely be on the customer. Shame on Yamaha.

8. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pwc4life View Post
    Guys, speaking as a manufacturing engineer this is a big deal. How this slipped thru the quality control process on their assembly line is a big deal. I don't work for Yamaha, but knowing what I know about automotive assembly, you do not put the wrong part on a vehicle just to use up old stock. They should have in-line poka-yokes (error proofing devices) that do not allow this to happen. When multiples makes, models and trim packages are rolling down the same assembly line, and I suspect they do in their plant, it is very important to have robust part traceability. I bet the operator grabbed the wrong part and assembled the craft. Long story short Yamaha needs to correct this. This redesigned transom has been heavily marketed and people paid for the performance it is supposed to provide. Hopefully they have a way of identifying which craft slipped out of the plant like this, but the burden will most likely be on the customer. Shame on Yamaha.
    I agree, I am going to start trying to contact Yamaha directly to see what they have to say.
    Gerry, is this something you can also bring to the attention of any Yamaha folks?

Can someone provide the old vs new part # for the transom?

10. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tman701 View Post
    I agree, I am going to start trying to contact Yamaha directly to see what they have to say.
    Gerry, is this something you can also bring to the attention of any Yamaha folks?

Can someone provide the old vs new part # for the transom?
    If the 2021 part numbers are not yet available on the OEM part finder link toward the top of the page then I would roll with the casting number that shhr provided in post #24 above. Call your dealer if you have the wrong part on your ski and get the regional service rep for Yamaha involved. Yamaha needs to release a quality alert to their entire dealer network and I would think their regional reps can get that ball rolling.

12. +1 by:

+1
    Well, I know now what will be the first thing I will look at when I open the crate on mine. Should be here in February or March, so I’m hopeful it will be the correct version.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information