Seadoo Wont Start Help

Okay so I've kind of lost right now, I've had some cascading issues with my engine and now its not starting. A little background, engine was rebuilt and only been tested a few times which it ran just fine.

This is a 2010 Seadoo RXT 215

Now for the cascading issue:
    1. Took ski out for a test but it wouldn't turn over. (assumed battery was dead)
    2. Charged battery but still no crank, solid thud.
    3. Issue turned out to be a stuck fuel injector which was filling #2 cylinder with gas causing too much pressure to turn engine over
    4. Vacuumed out gas out of cylinders and replaced all 3 fuel injector, engine turns over but no crank
    5. When re-installing new spark plugs I noticed one of my spark plug holes is stripped and plug wont screw in (too loose) (getting Time-Sert to repair)
    My theories:
    • No compression on stripped cylinder
    • Gas in oil causing overfill (not sure if this can cause a no crank issue)
    I'm thinking its probably the stripped spark plug hole but not sure. Anyone have any ideas?

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1
    I suspect your engine rebuild was done by an amateur ( you just got it rebuilt and you have a stripped plug? and who rebuilds an engine without checking its ability to run for at least ten minutes to check over for oil leaks and so on. )

you should be able to get some signs of life, even with one plug out

oil most certainly contaminated, must be changed, likely overfilled too due to gas. this may be hard to detect on the dipstick. Pull the filter first, if it reeks of fuel, then suck out everything you can out of the crankcases

some more info on the ski would be helpful too..new to you?

use extreme caution here, gas overflowage creates a huge fire hazard

for now I'd confirm spark,and compression on the other two cylinders

and welcome aboard GH

The ski was in fact rebuilt by an amateur (me) but I did rebuild it with the factory manual and made sure everything was to spec.The ski was tested for probably a total of 4hrs. No leaks and ran good prior to the stuck open injector. I got the ski for 300 and have rebuilt just about everything, engine supercharger pump etc. Original engine was blown threw a rod and busted the crankcase. Ski was tested on the trailer and in the water. It was my fault the spark plug hole got stripped (I knew good and well I shouldn't use an impact wrench)Oil does need to be drained as it does smell it gas. Currently while cold compression on other two cylinders is at about 115 on both. I can't test compression on the last cylinder due to the spark plug hole stripped

+1
    ok then, change the oil and filter, put two new plugs in the holes you can and see if she'll cough a little. Disconnect the lead to the replaced injector

likely the plugs are fouled. Very often 4 tec plugs will look good and spark outside the engine, but put them in and they can't fire the cylinder. Really common fix for a 4 tec no start

I trust you remembered to tighten the flywheel bolts....

Of course tightened them to spec and replaced oem ones with ARP bolts.Let me get the oil changed and spark plugs replaced and I'll see if that's the issue.

+1
    Iím fairly confident your engine will run with new plugs. Run some fogging oil down the stripped plug hole before you spin her up, the rings have no oil now due to being cleaned with fuel

Okay so I fixed the sparkplug hole and changed the oil and sparkplugs. Other two cylinders still had good compression the broken one still had bad compression. I fogged it and turned it over a good many times in drown mode and tried to start it. For a good while it wanted to start but couldnt. A few more times in drown mode and it fired right up. Checked compression in messed up cylinder and its 120. Ski runs a bit rough at the moment so I gotta figure out what the issue with that is.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Liquid fuel accumulated in the intake manifold?

+1
    pull the injector rail, bag the injectors with gallon siplocks and have a look how they are spraying when the engine is cranking, you also might have some bad fuel, if it sat for a couple of months while you worked on the engine.

if you went heavy of the fogging oil take the plugs out and soak them in paint thinner or really fresh gas

+1
    And...?

Thread Information