Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Old member looking to get their kids into something..

So been away from the PWC world for awhile (use to have an ultra 150, GPR and FZS). We have been rocking a surf boat for awhile (currently a new Supra SE550) but looking to add another water toy to the mix. Thinking the Spark would be a great fit for us with newish and younger riders. Curious to see what everyone's thoughts are on what model to buy.. my instinct is the Trixx 3up but curious if you really gain much with the trixx vs a base one that you flash? Not against the trixx but don't want to spend money I don't need to. Mainly looking at new but open to used ones as well but not a ton here in the PNW. Thank you for any feedback you might have! Brad

+1
    Are the kids old enough to legally ride in your area?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Are the kids old enough to legally ride in your area?
    There are no police in my area and my kids are 8 and 10 so more than ready! Probably give them a year before I add the turbo.

+1
    We have 3 TRIXX 3 ups in the family and everyone loves them.

+1
    Will you be servicing yourself or having a shop do it? You know it's about an extra 2 hours labor just to put spark plugs in a Spark.....you have to pull the top deck off. Then when you break some of those cheesy clips there's another couple bucks a piece. I'd suggest looking at the Yamaha EX line too.

+1
    I will likely do the work myself.. I have a big shop and like to tinker with stuff. I was thinking of adding the Riva engine access kit to it during the first maintenance. I am a Yamaha guy at heart but I feel like the ride of the Spark will be more "fun" for everyone.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    ...I am a Yamaha guy at heart but I feel like the ride of the Spark will be more "fun" for everyone.
    Have you looked at the Yamaha EX and EXR models?

+1

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by r33pwrd View Post
    I will likely do the work myself.. I have a big shop and like to tinker with stuff. I was thinking of adding the Riva engine access kit to it during the first maintenance. I am a Yamaha guy at heart but I feel like the ride of the Spark will be more "fun" for everyone.
    Riding the Spark is somewhat like riding a dirt bike on water, nothing else comes close as I see it, very entertaining, obviously it has its limitations when it comes to longer trips and storage, you could do something about that with a comfort seat (I have it and consider it the best accessory I ever bought for it ), LinQ accessories and such, but probably those aren't key areas of use when looking at a Spark, they are very good on gas also, I would also go for a 3UP Trixx if I were to buy one today, I've had almost zero issues with mine since I bought it new back in 2015, has about 120-130 hours on it now, had to do the pump bearings now though, I also do all the work myself with the help of a workshop manual.

There is a learning key available that limits power and speed for beginners and children, then there are two riding modes with the regular key, touring and sport, same top speed but gentler acceleration in touring.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-SWE View Post
    Riding the Spark is somewhat like riding a dirt bike on water, nothing else comes close as I see it, very entertaining, obviously it has its limitations when it comes to longer trips and storage, you could do something about that with a comfort seat (I have it and consider it the best accessory I ever bought for it ), LinQ accessories and such, but probably those aren't key areas of use when looking at a Spark, they are very good on gas also, I would also go for a 3UP Trixx if I were to buy one today, I've had almost zero issues with mine since I bought it new back in 2015, has about 120-130 hours on it now, had to do the pump bearings now though, I also do all the work myself with the help of a workshop manual.

There is a learning key available that limits power and speed for beginners and children, then there are two riding modes with the regular key, touring and sport, same top speed but gentler acceleration in touring.

Thanks for the great feedback! The spark will most likely always be on the water with our 24ft surf boat so storage is not a concern. Looking forward to the "motorcycle on water" ride for sure

10. +1 by:

+1
    I have not.. no way to test ride them and my experience (be it from years ago) was the yamaha has a much different ride than the spark. We want a playful fun machine that is not overly fast and our river is usually very smooth water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information