Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Powered by a 650. Most swap a 750 or 800, when i went to the rad dudes shop to purchase a hitch hauler years ago they had one they were in the process of putting an ultra150 1200 in, not sure if they ever finished.

Steve put a 1200 in it

Those are cool nice find steve

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Beerdart stuck a 4tec in his.

Sean

3. +1 by:

I'd think about dropping a BB Chevy in there, probably a 454.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cranofwaterfell View Post
    I'd think about dropping a BB Chevy in there, probably a 454.
    ---------------------
    With a Blower !!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post

Trigger is for throttle - got it .... but I can't help noticing the thumb-buttons on the back of the stick. Have you been able to ascertain if it's got any stinger-missiles left?

Kidding aside, neat little craft. Can't wait to see what you're going to do with it.

+1
    beerdart spliced a SeaDoo hull to the bottom complete with 4-tec engine. Very interesting conversion, and he did a very nice job which you can see here: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=167403

I've got an STX-15F that I am planning to use for an Ultra 150 conversion--someday. I like those 1500 engines and I was also planning to put a couple in one of my Yamaha boats. I'm sort of leaning toward grafting the STX hull onto the Jet Mate... someday.

Blowsion has a very nice modified Jet Mate. It has an 800 in it, and I believe it's still for sale. These photos are from their website. I doubt that it comes with the options shown in the photos...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blowsion Jet Mate 01.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	192.4 KB 
ID:	470769   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blowsion Jet Mate 02.jpg 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	470770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blowsion Jet Mate 05.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	337.9 KB 
ID:	470771   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blowsion Jet Mate 03.jpg 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	470772   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Blowsion Jet Mate 04.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	189.1 KB 
ID:	470773  

8. +1 by:

That would make a great 1-2 man fishing boat! Never saw one of those before, is it kinda like a speedster?

+1
    If the speedster had a midget brother then yeah its kindve close lol looks tiny comparatively

+1
    I brought the Jet Mate home from my lake house and started looking it over. I installed a battery and tested the electrical equipment. It cranks! I can hear the bilge pump running! The blower is another story. It's toast, but I've got a replacement on the way.

I don't have a lanyard. I thought that an older SeaDoo lanyard would fit and I purchased a couple, but they don't. Still looking around for a reasonably priced Kawasaki lanyard. There are two on Ebay--for $100 each. I'll switch to the newer Kawasaki style before I pay that much for one. I may try to make one, but I've got an email into Atlantis Enterprises to see if they have on that will fit.

The navigation lights don't work, but they were installed by the previous owner and not done well.

I pulled the fuel tank out and flushed it out. The fuel pickup is in bad shape. I was going to try to rebuild it, but decided to just make another one. This thing has a weird setup. The On/Reserve selector is on top of the pickup. You have to raise the seat to access it. It doesn't have a handle, instead it has a slot in which you insert a screwdriver or quarter and turn it to the desired position. The output of this goes to a separate On/Off selector. I'm going to make one that has On and Reserve outputs that will go to an On/Off/Reserve selector from a later model 'Ski. I bought a replacement vent hose, and I need to get a replacement gas cap/filler neck, and filler hose. I'm going to look through my parts inventory before I order anything, but it's been too damn cold and snowy here lately. I bought a carb kit from SBT, and an aftermarket fuel pump. Most parts are no longer available from Kawasaki.

This boat doesn't have the infamous 'orange switch', but rather a black magnetic switch. I have only one key for it and replacements are not available. The orange keys don't fit. I may install an orange switch, or better yet, just replace it with a toggle switch. I really don't like the idea of not having a spare key.

Name:	Blower Motor.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	67.8 KB 
ID:	471542  

+1
    I thought I'd include a photo of the fuel tank. It's not like any other arrangement that I've seen. The thing in the middle of the tank is the pickup. It has two tubes, On and Reserve. If you look closely, you can see the slot for a quarter to switch pickups. Coming from the outlet you can see a filter. On the left side is a mechanical fuel gauge, which also doesn't work. Yes, you have to raise the seat to check the fuel level. The float is saturated with fuel and I'm going to make another one. There is an On-Off selector on the front side of the bulkhead in front of the tank, but it's not shown in the photo.

Name:	Fuel Tank.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	471566  

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information