Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. GP1800 View Post
    I bet all it would take is some straight pipe and a 90 off the water tank. With some straight couplings.
    Thanks. Correct, at first I didn't think it would be possible, but I looked through froozenboost.com and there is a great selection of silicone pipes to make it work.

I've decided to go 100% stock on the exhaust (I'm thinking sleeper mode and no more ears buzzing ), will get a plate welded onto my existing Riva exhaust nozzle, remove/trim/reinstall Jerry's ride plate insert (love these things!) and out thru the OEM exhaust hole. Fortunately, I shy away from 5200 and use 4200, this time it paid off, OEM hole opened up with a little elbow grease and patience.

+1
    So with the concept of the "quietest" in-mind ... call me crazy, but me thinks you keeping one aspect non-OEM might be even quieter - the Riva port (if possible) .
    The rational : we already know that a modified free flow exhaust setup drones way louder than the same setup with a thru-hull exit. I attribute this concept to the confined cavity of the rear pump void space acting like trumpet of sorts. Now consider a, yes, quieter OEM note, perhaps the same trumpet-effect is still present in the OEM exit. Therefore, the same suppressed OEM note out the unconfined thru hull, theoretically could be even quieter.
    Just thinking out loud ...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    So with the concept of the "quietest" in-mind ... call me crazy, but me thinks you keeping one aspect non-OEM might be even quieter - the Riva port (if possible) .
    The rational : we already know that a modified free flow exhaust setup drones way louder than the same setup with a thru-hull exit. I attribute this concept to the confined cavity of the rear pump void space acting like trumpet of sorts. Now consider a, yes, quieter OEM note, perhaps the same trumpet-effect is still present in the OEM exit. Therefore, the same suppressed OEM note out the unconfined thru hull, theoretically could be even quieter.
    Just thinking out loud ...
    HA! Now you got me thinking, and your logic makes a lot of sense. I totally forgot about how everyone complains about the free flow exhaust. Both Riva systems entail removing the water tank (me thinks this is where all the sound suppression occurs when combined with the rubber hoses), but the free flow is more annoying then flat beer. Leaving the Riva rear exhaust port in place combined with the water tank and silicone hoses may have a unique but quiet sound. Thanks, that will be my new game plan. Going to make a quick test setup with some temp hose and measure (best that I can when on the trailer) and take it from there. Need a week or so, but I'll post my results, its a good winter project, nothing too complex.

+1
    Cool, glad you'll give it a try at least !
    The trick, as you mentioned, is to retain all OEM tanks and resonator, yet plumb that last bit of tubing over to the Riva port. I've had great success with silicone cold air induction tubing - just about any size and bend is available.
    Keep us posted.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    Cool, glad you'll give it a try at least !
    The trick, as you mentioned, is to retain all OEM tanks and resonator, yet plumb that last bit of tubing over to the Riva port. I've had great success with silicone cold air induction tubing - just about any size and bend is available. Keep us posted.
    Definitely will post an update once done. After doing many searches there are a ton of questions/complaints/cheers on exhaust mods but as near as I can tell there are only really a few combinations (not including modded or aftermarket water boxes); Basically freeflow, TJ mod, and rear exhaust but none with the rear exhaust tied into the complete stock sound suppression system.

Nashvegas had a nifty mod with a custom resonator and the latest TJ mod of using a newer model oem hose without the worry of a resonator plug popping out http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3088744.

+1
    Update: Parts from frozen boost came in and working on the setup as time allows. Hoping to have it done and check out the sound by next Sunday.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210314_140952.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	92.8 KB 
ID:	472115  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information