Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    It may have just been faulty because it would only do 5v on any 12v source even bench testing on a battery

K447 all the info you gave me was spot on. I put in the voltage regulator i had ordered and changed the wiring as you said, had it running great would start first pop and restart after stopping. So I was getting it ready to take to the lake put in a new battery in the darkness of my garage and hooked it up backwards and blew the cdi so now I'm back where i started

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
    ... new battery in the darkness of my garage and hooked it up backwards ...
    Tip: Mark the positive battery terminal with red tape or paint.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=286216&p=3076200&viewfull=1#post3 076200

You don't know of any cdi's do you? Number 105 552.02

So I finally got this ski going, I couldn't find an ignition upgrade kit so ordered a complete second-hand ignition box off ebay which included original cdi and coils. So i took it to the lake and it goes well although can probably do with a bit of a tune. Anyway I used it for about an hour then a buzzer went off a constant high pitched tone. My first thought was overheating warning, i cruised it back to shore and checked over ( the buzzer didn't stop till i turned it off) everything looked fine it didn't seem hot i could put my hand on heads. So took it back out and it went fine. Any ideas? I am running it on premix fuel, oil pump disconnected. Thanks

+1
    Oil level sensor is also tied into the warning buzzer.
    Was the sensor or wiring addressed ?

Quote Originally Posted by casey67 View Post
    Oil level sensor is also tied into the warning buzzer.
    Was the sensor or wiring addressed ?
    Not sure it was like that when i bought it, i will check that out today. Is it just 2 wire with a normally open switch so contacts close when oils low?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1 View Post
    Not sure it was like that when i bought it, i will check that out today. Is it just 2 wire with a normally open switch so contacts close when oils low?
    Correct.
    Tan wire when grounded turns on the buzzer. Other possibility is tan wire insulation missing and touching metal somewhere.

Ok more questions haha. I have been checking over the cooling system, checked the orifice and screen on the exhaust injector and have just cleaned the water rail and checked thermostat but there is no pop off valve in thermostat housing. Should I be finding a replacement or does it not matter? This thing has problems everywhere i look, I've just noticed that the engine mounts are broken aswell

+1
    Yeah, now that these things are 25 years old different problems can and will pop up. In general my Polaris have been good but pretty much every used PWC I look at I consider "parts machine " until proven different....lol, I bought one that had squirrels living in it for a couple years.

The termostat mostly works with water temps below 50f . Assuming the t-stat is 25 years old- I would just leave it out.
    When the t-stat is closed and engine needs more cooling ,like 3/4 to full throttle, the pop off opens. It's fine to leave them both out, later models Polaris never had either.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information