Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

+1

Another pissa question

With a 2021 Yamaha GP 1800 N/A on order and previous experience with a 16 VXD. The pissa spout is the first thing to go. Itís only a matter of time while your out on the water with the guys gathered around and you give somebody a facial while there trying to lite a smoke, have a drink, roll a bone etc. Then they hate you for the rest of the day. With my last Yamaha I simply ran a 1/8-27 NPT into the rear deck and put in a SS Allen head set screw till flush to the deck. But I turned it in on a Sea Doo soon after. Thought is how much PSI at WOT am I blocking off. I would hate to have a hose in the hull blow off and unknowingly filling it full of water. Iíve read some people cut the line and install a shut off valve, but to me itís just another place at each end of the valve for leaks. Bottom line, is it save to just plug it at the deck?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The Yamaha visibility spout water feed comes directly from the jet pump main nozzle. The deck spout water does not flow from inside the hull and it has nothing to do with the engine cooling water flow.

There is some water pressure but the factory hose for the spout seems to withstand the full pressure when the deck end is capped/plugged.

The visibility spout can be disabled in many different ways. It affects nothing inside the hull.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2856752

+1
    I have my hose disconnected and blocked off. its blown apart the hose twice now. there is tons of pressure on that line.

+1
    Tons ��

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Reaper9789 View Post
    I have my hose disconnected and blocked off. its blown apart the hose twice now.

there is tons of pressure on that line.
    I removed the hose entirely on my own GP1800 SVHO (see photo), before they ever went into the water.

I have not seen actual pressure numbers reported for the visibility spout feed.

I have seen plenty of posts about cutting the hose and installing a plastic inline ball valve so the visibility spout can be turned on and off. Most of those posters did not mention anything about the hose subsequently splitting or failing. IIRC a few said they needed to upgrade to better hose clamps.

MSX 150 guy lives on Mr. GP1800's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    The Yamaha visibility spout water feed comes directly from the jet pump main nozzle. The deck spout water does not flow from inside the hull and it has nothing to do with the engine cooling water flow.

There is some water pressure but the factory hose for the spout seems to withstand the full pressure when the deck end is capped/plugged.

The visibility spout can be disabled in many different ways. It affects nothing inside the hull.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2856752

This is exactly what I did. On one machine the nipple on the jet pump nozzle split while tapping it. Its thin cast aluminum so its easy to break it. So I cut it off and I tapped the nozzle casting. If I ever want this feature again I can just screw in a hose barb fitting.

+1
    I just plugged the hose on mine. Ran it about 15 hours then sold it, but no problems during that time.

+1
    I read a few years ago that a girl died when she got blown off the back and the spout flooded her vag.
    I think there was a lot more to the story or it was complete BS ! Anyway I’m gonna go with the deck plug.
    My buddy did his 15 VXD ( formally owned by Trump Jr. ) years ago with no problems.
    Thanks Guys; With a 21 GP 1800 N/A on order , I’ll keep ya posted if and when it comes in.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seamurph View Post
    I read a few years ago that a girl died when she got blown off the back and ...
    That would have been the actual jet pump thrust flow, not the visibility spout. Has happened multiple times to people on all brands of PWC.

Rapid acceleration (or just a loose grip at speed) causes the rear passenger to slide off the back of the seat and fall backwards into the water, with legs askew. The sudden intense focused hydraulic jet pressure can instantly rupture body internals, male or female.

While the warning labels on watercraft may specifically address the female risk, males are not immune to injury in these scenarios.

+1
    Ya! I can picture that scenario, note well taken.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information