Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 Yamaha EX max rpm?

I have a 2019 EX, has just over 10 hrs on it. Used to go 53-54 mph whether I am on it at 200lbs, or my wife was on it at 100lbs. Can't recall what the rpm was reading at WOT. Now it seems all of a sudden it will only do 50 regardless of who is on it. RPMS are right at 7k if IIRC, been cold for several months so it has not been ridden in a while. Seems like before it was turning 7200, maybe 7300 rpm at WOT.

Any one know what the max rpm should be at WOT on this ski? And what may be limiting it all of a sudden?

Thanks

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Does this model have a 10 hour initial service interval?

What air temperature are you riding in?

Any change in fuel, or are you using old fuel from before storage?

Easiest thing to try (if the fuel in the tank is fresh) is to install a new set of correct spark plugs.

I do not know if there is something programmed into it at 10hrs or not. I did do the recommended changing the oil and filter at 10 hrs. It started doing this my wife noticed on one of our last outings, was about 95 degrees out, probably 83-85 degree water temp. And this was probably right around when it hit 10 hrs. It was only ridded a short time again after that, probably in 85 degree weather and 80 degree water temp.

If there is something that has to be reset in the computer for the 10hr maint, is there a way to do that or does it have to be taken to a dealer?

Fresh fuel since it was still in the warm months, previous seasons fuel had been long used up. I also use only ethanol free Ag fuel.

I will replace the plugs before this season starts, and see if any difference.

Thanks for the info!

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Unclear on your timeline. Are you in the USA where it is wintertime?

You are riding it now, or this is from last rides of the season before it went into storage?

Quote Originally Posted by 2quik6 View Post
    I have a 2019 EX, has just over 10 hrs on it. Used to go 53-54 mph whether I am on it at 200lbs, or my wife was on it at 100lbs. Can't recall what the rpm was reading at WOT. Now it seems all of a sudden it will only do 50 regardless of who is on it. RPMS are right at 7k if IIRC, been cold for several months so it has not been ridden in a while. Seems like before it was turning 7200, maybe 7300 rpm at WOT.

Any one know what the max rpm should be at WOT on this ski? And what may be limiting it all of a sudden?

Thanks
    I'm seeing the same issue with our 2020 EX also. We have 90 hours on ours and the 10 hr service was performed. I have the service manual and nothing indicates it should be limiting the RPM's. I'm hard pressed to get to 7100 RPM's. Spark plugs were changed at 10, 50 and will be done at 100, cheap insurance for performance.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Unclear on your timeline. Are you in the USA where it is wintertime?

You are riding it now, or this is from last rides of the season before it went into storage?
    Sorry, I thought I had replied to this. No, not riding it now, this started back in Sept when my wife first mentioned it, then I rode it and noticed the rams would not climb any higher than 7000 rpms. Was only ridden a few more times on short 5-10 mins rides after that, even when the weather got cooler in Oct, still no change.

What should the max rpms be on the 2019 EX? Looks like the poster above has same issue on a 2020 EX and has changed the plugs.

Got the plugs changed, the old ones were barely even dirty and the gap was correct, so I do not think this will have any effect.

Does anyone know what the max rpm should be on the EX or EX Sport with the TR-1?

7300 rpm limiter on stock tune

Quote Originally Posted by raffshore View Post
    7300 rpm limiter on stock tune
    Thank you!

Have you checked the pump? Is the engine check light coming on?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information