Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    +1
    That's great advice butta, thanks! Wonder if that's what he has me on now (cruiser tune). I've been bugging him a lot the last couple of weeks. I'll give him a rest and come at him again for the 17 wheel soon enough. Luckily, I'm only about 1.5 hrs drive from the shop. He did mention my SC bearings would most likely need to be replaced at some point. Guess the older skis have upgraded bearing options, mine not so much yet. RE the wheel, just a Riva 17#? What else are you guys doing on the 2020 skis? Still upgrade the shaft? Have seen posts about a set screw (prevent walking) and I always hear about clutches. Just wondering what all I should consider while I have the SC out for upgrade. More speed with less revs sounds like a win-win for me. Personally, I rather replace clutches and bearings than motor issues. Getting to the SC seems like it would be a breeze now since I have the Fizzle in place.

+1
    From what I read the first few years of SVHO chargers needed to be pinned, and then at a certain point after 2016 the front housing is all one part so its not a issue anymore. not sure what year. just read that when I pinned my 2016.

Lake Lion
    +1
    The 17 wheel is fine with the stock shaft, it just needs welding. And if I know Dean(and I know Dean), he already welded it. You just need the Riva SC bearing when you do the wheel.

+1
    Ahhhh Have often wondered what "pinned blower" meant. Now I know. Today is a good day, love to learn. Like you, I think it was addressed in the new setups, but I'm always open ears for those that know.

+1
    Yea the "Volute" or how ever you spell it. is pressed in the compressor housing, and with high RPM vibrations they walk backwards and the wheels hit them destroying the wheel and volute. so you drill a hole through the outer cover and into the volute, and put a screw in it... then they cant separate. Thus Pinning the blower housing ha!

6. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaSHO View Post
    Ahhhh Have often wondered what "pinned blower" meant. Now I know. ...
    Supercharger volute pinning, 2013 through 2017 Yamaha SVHO engine

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2888496

8. +1 by:

+1
    Hey Butta...Got with Dean, will be upgrading the wheel with shaft kit soon enough. New tune obviously. He smiled when I told him you had suggested the upgrade. Sounds like you guys go way back. Scratching my head now over the weekend. 17 or 20? What are your thoughts. He and I quickly discussed the 17, but I'm curious if I should consider the 20. There was a mention of rrfpr as well. Still getting used to my current regulator. Weather is all over the place here in FL right now. As mentioned earlier, I'm having no trouble hitting 9500, not needing more revs, just eager to achieve more speed with ones I have now. My low and mid are rockin and I'm sure the upgraded wheel will only make more fun. In the past, staying out of the SC when possible on my all day river runs was the only way to ride all day without refueling. I don't see that possible now with my current setup lol. I smoked through half a tank just doing some AFR runs. That fuel beep means business now, for real. I'll get gas when I need too though. How that marina low octane ethenol free will go with the AFR, we shall see. Just curious the impact on potential fuel consumption between the Stock, 17 & 20 wheel. Meaning, under similar riding conditions. Thanks for all the help guys! Feels like I'm inches, or a few more coins, from having the ski I've always wanted!
    Last edited by ShawnInFL; 01-24-2021 at 01:49 AM.

10. +1 by:

+1
    If the blow off is open under 6k which normally is cruising. The motor is not seeing boost from either set up and is fueling the same. It's only under boost the fuel burn will go up.

+1
    Makes perfect sense. Finally had a nice day today. Mid 70's. Low wind, lakes and rivers were glass all day. Think I finally have the AFR worked out. Cracked the 85 mark finally too. Early on and with a full tank even. AFR seems to be in a safe range to me. What do you guys think? You'll see the speedo at WOT in the clip. Ski performed great! Smoked a few Doo's that came a knockin Going to be a great summer!

Maybe just me, but if I click on the photo to launch the YouTube vid, it displays a browser error in the video frame. Clicking the header of the video frame, the title at the top of the video frame, opens in YouTube just fine. Very odd.

Last edited by ShawnInFL; 01-25-2021 at 09:28 AM.

Lake Lion
    +1
    Very nice. Just do the 17# wheel. 20 takes too many supporting parts. Do the 20 next year.

14. +1 by:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information