Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Same part number and everything, came off a 2012 gto. Got tons of parts on the way and dropping off the head, pistons, crank and block to get cleaned, looked at or worked on tomorrow. Should I just do all new valves since those a little bit of rust?

Regarding the cylinder head, Depends on your mods and future mods, if any. At a minimum, replace exhaust valve guides. The stock valves can be cleaned up for a re-seating of valves. But, since its off, I'd send head to Chris at Eastside Powersports for the full treatment: porting, supertech valves/spring, retainers, and maybe a cam, providing your ecu has been reflashed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Same part number and everything, came off a 2012 gto. Got tons of parts on the way and dropping off the head, pistons, crank and block to get cleaned, looked at or worked on tomorrow. Should I just do all new valves since those a little bit of rust?
    Those valves should clean up fine with a wire wheel. No need to replace on a stock motor unless the seating area is pitted beyond repair. And I've only seen that when the motor has sat with water in the cylinders.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1tommygunner1927 View Post
    Regarding the cylinder head, Depends on your mods and future mods, if any. At a minimum, replace exhaust valve guides. The stock valves can be cleaned up for a re-seating of valves. But, since its off, I'd send head to Chris at Eastside Powersports for the full treatment: porting, supertech valves/spring, retainers, and maybe a cam, providing your ecu has been reflashed.
    Here is the mods on the ski: Riva breather
    Riva through hall exhaust
    Riva speed override
    Riva intake manifold upgrade
    Maptunerx stage 1 tune
    Exhaust manifold spacer
    Riva 60 degree thermostat
    Riva water box. Solas ssx-cd-13/18 with ss wear ring( i think he didnít have the best prop for the set up)
    Custom intake 90 degree and previous owner said it would do 74mph, i got the ski for super cheap so i bought it non running but I know these things are outdated and the 300s is the new to go route but honestly i had a stock 255 before and i enjoyed it so this one being a few mph faster should do the trick for me, i might put 20 hrs in a season, i just donít want to spend tons of money to make it a built ski when 70+ is enough for me.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ncdoo View Post
    Those valves should clean up fine with a wire wheel. No need to replace on a stock motor unless the seating area is pitted beyond repair. And I've only seen that when the motor has sat with water in the cylinders.
    Iíll just let the machine shop check the head completely and resurface if needed, deck the block if needed, get the 6 bolts that broke off on the crank, I posted all the mods on the ski above but i shouldnít be doing anymore modding but I do want to make sure she is in good shape mechanically since Iím already spending a few grand with parts and machine shop you know?

+1
    Stock valves will handle that easily. The valve train, springs and retainers, are need to be upgraded for anything over 8350 rpms.

I didn’t do my valves first time around ended up regretting it and pulling the head back off to do it ..

+1
    Machine shop is over a month behind so I have nothing else to do for the mean time, alignment tools and few parts have showed up so I re greased all the connections, cleaned the hull and flushed the ride plate and all the hoses.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9228.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	470776

+1

12 rxpx flywheel bolts shredded so engine rebuild time.

Parts starting piling up, itching to put this thing together.Attachment 471251Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9448.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	174.6 KB 
ID:	471252

+1
    I don't see a stretch gauge in that pile for those arp rod bolts

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    I don't see a stretch gauge in that pile for those arp rod bolts
    Donít worry me more than what Iím already worrying about lol. The head studs were already installed before i got the ski but those arenít pictured. What all else do I need to check/do.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information