Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Outside jetski stand

Anyone make an outside ski stand thats mounted on the ground no wheels? My fleet is growing and i am starting to figure out some plans, just wanted to see if anyone has made one and if pictures might be available?

+1
    I take it that you're not talking about a lift by a dock.

Are wheels a problem? Will this be permanently mounted on the ground? Will the Skis be stacked? How will you get the Skis onto the stand? Do you have a forklift or hoist of some sort? You can't leave the Skis on trailers?

Do you have a photo or drawing of something similar to what you want?

+1
    I too don't understand why you wouldn't want wheels, but why not just buy a stand with wheels and remove them?

Would pull them onto the a stand just like i do with my skis now.

No fork lift and i do not have a picture, looking to make it out of pressure treated wood and possibly steaked into ground so it cant move. My idea is the wooden stands that are out now with a good 4x4 base.

I have 2 trailers one double one single, 2 skis sitting in shed right now one on single trailer and one on double trailer. Makes it a project at the time when i decide which ones i wanna run. Making a stand that stores 2 skis would simplify alot for me.

Inputs and ideas are welcomeClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201223-211717_Facebook.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	34.7 KB 
ID:	469911

Quote Originally Posted by Xspook View Post
    I too don't understand why you wouldn't want wheels, but why not just buy a stand with wheels and remove them?
    They would be stored on grass

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    They would be stored on grass
    You could probably remove the wheels and attach the 4x4 boards via the unused wheel bolt holes.

I wouldn't want to spend 500 dollars on two aqua carts to leave outside, unless you have a cheaper recommendation?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by turboman412 View Post
    I wouldn't want to spend 500 dollars on two aqua carts to leave outside, unless you have a cheaper recommendation?
    Wooden ‘carts’ would probably work for you. Build the base frame stoutly, perhaps with several 4x4 bottom supports mounted underneath, from side to side. To spread out the weight loading.

If you opt to use commercially manufactured carts with the wheels removed, I would suggest avoiding carts made from steel. I had four Aquacarts, and they worked well enough. They spent several months outside in the rain front time to time over the years, and eventually the steel frame began to rust at weld seams and edges, despite the powder coat paint. Just a little, but in multiple places on each cart.

If you have the space, perhaps buying an old PWC double trailer would work. Can be moved around with the skis on it, unlike stands. Trick is to find a PWC trailer that is inexpensive to buy but not so degraded that it will rust apart or become a rebuild project itself.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A563D3F8-2A3C-4FCC-AF50-A5A14F4F0E43.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	170.0 KB 
ID:	469912  

+1
    I'd guess that this is likely for an unpaved area and/or a designated storage location having ideal trailer access.
    For example... I'd seen a 4 ski setup (no I didn't get pic or plans), the arrangement was pretty basic ... if I remember correctly it had four "stalls" side-by-side, all under a single aluminum carport roof outdoors. Each stall had four wood legs coming up out of the ground I think they were pressure-treated 4x4s, topped with a small roller-bunk setup, same general height as the trailer. The guy would back an empty trailer in front of the ski-of-choice and fetch it off with the trailer's winch. As far as taking the ski off the trailer again, there was also a small winch on the back wall of each stall. Trailer was roller-bunked as well.

Yes that is exact idea and what i am planning on accomplishing without the aluminum top.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information