1100 wb2 fuel issues

i have a wb2 that a previous owner fitted a 1100 motor in it, since i owned it , it has a fueling issue , it wont take the throttle !! on the trailer on the hose it will rev till it nearly busts but as soon as its in the water it wont take the throttle , dies and dies , no go at all , my mechanic has screwed the carbs to the max and he says its still running lean , on his advise ive got of set of 1200 carbs , just about to fit them but im still not sure ,,, any thoughts guys ? thanks

+1
    Better yet, find another mechanic and fix the carbs you have! Odds are that the internal filters are clogged.

While you're at it, better replace the oil lines, if it still has the oil injection system. Those vinyl hoses shrink and get brittle with age. It's just a matter of time before they fall off.

+1
    My vote is w Steve, rebuild the carbs you have. Go through the entire fuel system from the tank pickup to the carbs as well. Find a mechanic who can do more than adjust the screws (which is fine tuning...). Or - get some tools and do it yourself, not hard to do and you can get all the help you need on this forum. Replacing carbs vs rebuilding them is just nonsense, especially with used carbs that also likely need a rebuild done on them.

What 1100 motor is in it? Yamaha? Kawi?

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    Better yet, find another mechanic and fix the carbs you have! Odds are that the internal filters are clogged.

While you're at it, better replace the oil lines, if it still has the oil injection system. Those vinyl hoses shrink and get brittle with age. It's just a matter of time before they fall off.
    thanks , i lifted the ski off him as he hasnt a clue what hes at , no worries with the oil as its all premixed now

Quote Originally Posted by jeffg426690 View Post
    My vote is w Steve, rebuild the carbs you have. Go through the entire fuel system from the tank pickup to the carbs as well. Find a mechanic who can do more than adjust the screws (which is fine tuning...). Or - get some tools and do it yourself, not hard to do and you can get all the help you need on this forum. Replacing carbs vs rebuilding them is just nonsense, especially with used carbs that also likely need a rebuild done on them.

What 1100 motor is in it? Yamaha? Kawi?
    thanks ,, its a yam motor , i have fitted a good s/h set of 1200 carbs now and another guy is going to set her up now for me , thanks again guys

Thread Information