+1

Few Supercharger questions

Hey All - Few quick questions. Resurrecting an abandoned 2010 RXT-X 260 (125 hrs - unknown history). Just got it running last night and am preparing to pull the SC to get it rebuilt but wanted to get some opinions before I send it out. Did some searching on the SC rebuild question but the thread was over 900 pages long!

1 - When I got it running, the hose to throttle body (which was removed) blew out a big blast of fine white powder. When I inspected the hoses, discovered they were lined with this. What could this be? Side note - Last registered owner said he bought it a govt auction and was seized from a convicted drug dealer I've heard of flushing it down the drain but hiding it in a jet ski??? lol Seriously though, wondering what this is.
    2 - If I choose the rebuild service through Greenhulk, will they clean out this residue from inside the SC body as part of the process or do I have to do that?
    3 - Is there an option to install a bearing that will last more than 100 hours (assuming average rider use, fresh water)?

Thanks!

+1
    The white powdery stuff is the alum dust from the wheel rubbing on the housing, most likely due to a bearing failure. If so, the SC is trash. The latest OEM bearings are the best available. Sea Doo now calls them a 200 hr kit but most still go by the 100 hr before rebuild for peace of mind.

+1
    PM sent

+1
    PM sent

+1
    It can be your intercooler that leaks a lot, the fine powder could be dry salt deposit. If so, the map sensor will need to be replaced soon.
    I've got the same ski, SC thrust washers must be upgraded if made of ceramic and also the drive shaft/carbon ring. Check engine mounts before you sink and don't forget to install a bilge pump, this has saved mine from sinking 3 times.
    125h + salt water, I guess you will have to spend some more money on it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fartanas View Post
    It can be your intercooler that leaks a lot, the fine powder could be dry salt deposit. If so, the map sensor will need to be replaced soon.
    I've got the same ski, SC thrust washers must be upgraded if made of ceramic and also the drive shaft/carbon ring. Check engine mounts before you sink and don't forget to install a bilge pump, this has saved mine from sinking 3 times.
    125h + salt water, I guess you will have to spend some more money on it.
    So the intercooler was toast, it was filled with corrosion and one of the water line connections split off the body when I pulled on it. I also pulled the SC and although visually, it was in rough shape, there was no play or wiggle, it seemed alright, so I'm guessing it was from the intercooler. I pulled the oil filter and looked for anything shiny in there and it was super clean.

I'll look up those thrust washers, not sure what they are.

All that said, I'm feeling a little more confident that I don't need to pull the motor. Anyone disagree?

+1
    I have also replaced my intercooler some time ago, bought a new style heavy duty with brass fittings and anode. Finally, it's leaking the same maybe worst than my old one after only 30 hours, pretty annoying. I would take advice before choosing one.
    I know two seadoo with ceramic washers that failed around 120h, it's critical. After the ceramic came the golden washers, I still have those, they are not worn yet.

+1
    I have also replaced my intercooler some time ago, bought a new style heavy duty with brass fittings and anode. Finally, it's leaking the same maybe worst than my old one after only 30 hours, pretty annoying. I would take advice before choosing one.
    I know two seadoo with ceramic washers that failed around 120h, it's critical. After the ceramic came the golden washers, I still have those, they are not worn yet.
    He doesnt have to worry about ceramic washers, Sea Doo quit using them around 2006/2007. The gold washers were the next generation. Now they have a newer better style, grey in color. Much better than the gold.

+1
    I was just looking at the ones with the brass fittings. I'm on a budget and saw some for around $200 which had similar fittings.

Anyone have recommendations on a budget friendly IC??

Thread Information