Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    man this guy’s full of himself- hey f your d bag build!

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I am a super picky person and I am not riding around with a cooler on the back ha. not how I roll. don't want it in my way, don't like the look and notgoing to compromise on that.

why do you think rear is the "way to go"???
    what a d bag post

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    Keep storage and mid wall? Rear mount I would be ok with IF I keep mid wall and storage. just makes for longer oil lines and cool pipes. but doable if it fits back in there... I have yet to see someone make one that sets back that far.

One question on the rear mounts... the Up pipes cant have water in them which is normally where water is injected to the water box. so when doing rear where does the water sensor and wet exhaust start back?
    anything can be made waterjacket, not sure whats the big deal with the midwall, its soo much easier to work on a ski with no midwall i am starting to remove them on every ski even supercharger. i have yet to see anybody keep a waterbox with a turbo set up, "pointless" the temp sensor can go on anything, you can source a copper t from home depot and put it there behind rectifier or buy a an fitting piece and install it, personally i think you need to stay supercharger. if you are picky about your ski you will not like anything related to a turbo set up on a ski, theres no way to make it look "pretty" or clean so to speak, there will be hoses running all over the place for cooling purposes, as for the oil line the length of the oil line has absolutely no effect on performance. rear mounts cars run stupid long oil lines with pumps to push oil back oil pan

+1
    I agree with 1 FAST SHO you should strongly consider staying with a SC. But if you go turbo, I would go with the 3071. The internally gated, TIAL fully water jacketed version probably suites you best.

If I did not have other car projects, I would turbo my ski...maybe in a few years.

Robert

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    ditch the waterbox, your O2 sensors will last for a lot longer since there is no longer water in the waterbox to condensate while the ski is store to ruin them. I am running 2 O2 Sensors, one for the motec and another for my MTX-L gauge.

I removed my midwall and installed all my electronics above the battery on the side of the ski with an aluminum plate I made.
    More room to work.

The midwall is a pain in the ass period. My neighboor removed his on his stock Fx just for shits and grins so he can have the open room and made it a whole lot easier installing an exhaust system.

If you tie into the collector you will have cracking issues on your clamp, there is a reason riva quit selling them, and GRF had seen where they cracked, so they went with the rear style J pipe.

I would reccomend a rear set up, a riva side mount intercooler being modified by relocating one of the intake pipes to accept a pipe coming directly from the back of the ski, a pipe that runs parallel with the engine above the exhaust manifold into the intercooler and the intercooler will use the provided riva hoses to connect to the factory intake manifold via that J intake hose they include on the kit.

Dont worry about a vxr intake manifold unless you want to mount the intercooler in the rear of the ski, which will require more fabrications to mount brackets and I think its more difficult installing it back there since you already have fizzle and riva offering front mount intercoolers, plus the rear mount intercoolers are only for holeshot racers, helps throw some weight back there.

One more thing invest in a ac/dc welding machine, even Hobo Freight has some decent machines, if you purchase their Titanium line welding machines, I used one last weekend and was surprised. Was better than my Miller.

I will post pics of my set up soon.

Lake Lion
    +1
    One of the best turbos for pump on our skis is the Garrett G30-770. It can take the TiAl housing, but I believe a blanket is better for the turbine. Get the stainless housing. The 770 compressor is about 75% efficient around 8800RPM @ 26 psi boost and 66% at 4000 rpm.

The G30-900 is even more efficient and you can run E85 at 9000 rpm boosting to 35psi 75% efficiency.

+1
    This thread is giving me the itch to put a turbo on one of my skis. Might have to scale back a car project.

Has anyone been able to leave the mid wall in place and mount the turbo behind it? This would be a FX 2016 ski.
    Who are some of the Motec tuners/companies that have good tunes with overall drivability?

Robert

Lake Lion
    +1
    RossNemo and Nils888 are the MoTeC MasTeRs
    Last edited by hotbutta; 12-06-2020 at 10:43 PM.

+1 on the rear mount

Fully jacketed with the GTX 3071r fitted with custom wheel, same lag but much higher boost, beyond what the 3bar map sensor can read.
    I would even try the new garret G28 series if you are going new if you only want upto 21 psi it will be a snappy lil turbo!
    Running M130, with about to be a fully built motor. The only thing I would have done different is installed the CP pistons and not tried to get away with the stock pistons. Eng will now be fully built from top to bottom.
    Set up is for closed course so Top end isnt amazing but she grips and pulls none the less. currently at 8800 rev limit 21psi.

https://imgur.com/kzhRHeY

https://imgur.com/cm2s2Kx

https://imgur.com/MuzyRte

https://imgur.com/ACd0T8t

https://imgur.com/2v0xdBs

https://imgur.com/K8F4HPV

https://imgur.com/UCbTVfG

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0464.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	71.2 KB 
ID:	469454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0465.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	69.4 KB 
ID:	469455   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0396.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	150.3 KB 
ID:	469456   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0405.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	469457   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	932D1268-61CD-4CC7-A17D-FAA7BE6E9561.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	469458   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A6F44A8C-421D-4BF9-989C-556216521A22.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	469459  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FE0E2714-A1D4-43D1-B514-94746A974E7A.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	105.0 KB 
ID:	469460  

+1
    Why the long pipe, i would of relocated that intercooler to the back of the ski going over the intake side. Plus going with stainless wasnt the smartest idea. Stainless gets extremely hot. I would of went with titanium over stainless or aluminum. Good looking set up. Just not a fan of that long pipe.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information