Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    WFO has a spare Motec for sale for Yamaha you will need this for tuning unless you want to send your ecu back and forth to deans. .
    sold it already, but thanks

+1
    I have used every housing out there, the tial housin is nice, heavy and has a different flange so not interchangeable with regular tial housing. i now run a blanket in all my skis, no problem with heat on long ride. just did a 130 mile ride with ultramax and wfo a month ago. no problem at all with the blanket. i use the PTP lava blanket. again i think you are setting yourself up for a big headache with a front mount turbo. you can do a rear mount and still keep the storage.

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    Not a big enough turbo, not V band, not as efficient. a lot of reason. Turbos are not all the same,
    ok i figured you had it all figured out lol

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 1_Fast_SHO View Post
    I have used every housing out there, the tial housin is nice, heavy and has a different flange so not interchangeable with regular tial housing. i now run a blanket in all my skis, no problem with heat on long ride. just did a 130 mile ride with ultramax and wfo a month ago. no problem at all with the blanket. i use the PTP lava blanket. again i think you are setting yourself up for a big headache with a front mount turbo. you can do a rear mount and still keep the storage.
    Keep storage and mid wall? Rear mount I would be ok with IF I keep mid wall and storage. just makes for longer oil lines and cool pipes. but doable if it fits back in there... I have yet to see someone make one that sets back that far.

One question on the rear mounts... the Up pipes cant have water in them which is normally where water is injected to the water box. so when doing rear where does the water sensor and wet exhaust start back?

how much power are you looking to make?

+1
    That's part of it, its not a car so I don't know what I should be shooting for. I know 20psi is close the limit for 93 octain on a SVHO so that's where I am looking to stop. from what I read 400-425 is about what the stock wheel spinning it into 9k makes. after that I don't know where the mark is a 3076 says its good for 750... but that's with the big AR housing not a small .62 to make it spool.

+1
    Rear mount is the only way to go. Garrett GTX-series is excellent. Strap a cooler on the rear deck for your beers.

8. +1 by:

+1
    I am a super picky person and I am not riding around with a cooler on the back ha. not how I roll. don't want it in my way, don't like the look and notgoing to compromise on that.

why do you think rear is the "way to go"???

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    I'm running 17 lbs, this turbo is good up to close to 30 psi. I would recommend water jacketing everything if possible. Also forget about the front mount. Most of the professionals and even most seadoos run a rear mount. I have some turbo flanges that I can waterjet to any size or sammay can sell you some. We installed them on the horizontal pipe after the collerctor where the temp sensor is located, the flange is bolted via 5 bolts, easier this way you just build you a J pipe which is the up pipe to the turbo and the rest is easy.
    Last edited by ultramaxracing05; 12-04-2020 at 05:34 PM.

11. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    I am a super picky person and I am not riding around with a cooler on the back ha. not how I roll. don't want it in my way, don't like the look and notgoing to compromise on that.

why do you think rear is the "way to go"???
    yea ur right i donít think the rear cooler fits your personality. iím sure wolf had you pegged for someone that you are not

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information