Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    +1
    I'm sure it's nothing, it just caught my eye. Damn good find on the ski. Hell, I have 40 on my 2020 and winter is the only reason I don't have more. I'll check back with ya on hrs this time next year. I'm sure you'll be making use of that turbo. Amazing to me how folks have these skis and never use them. Yours looks like it's never seen salt, that's the plan with mine as well. Keep us posted!

+1
    I had a 2009 SHo modded for a few years and was about to start down the big wheels or turbo path. and wanted to get a better base platform. Was shopping ONLY 2016 FZ.. and really only FZS with white top and black bottoms. Looked at this one for months and kept shopping as it was in Arizona.... finally said F it, and bought it and had it shipped to me ha. Salt wise I ride fresh water 99 % of the time, but about once a year I take a trip south to pretty water and ride it in salt. Just washed, flushed, and fully detailed after even the bilge is soaped and cleaned if I go.

+1
    Wow, AZ! Long haul from AL. Now I know how you found such a great ski. A very wide search. Same here. Had a 2009 SHO 340 hrs. No mods, zero repairs! That ski was always fun and best of all, super reliable. That being said, I wanted to do the mods, wanted to start fresh. Picked up the 2020 and figure I can squeeze another 100k out of my 2004 Denali. It only has 257k on it right now. lol Reminds me of this old Mastercraft Ad. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	205 (2001)  X-Star - priorities.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	471538

+1
    Now to get my fat arms under the exhaust to get the oil pressure sensor off the Riva T, and remove the T.

and also get my fat arms under the intake manifold, and install the 5/8th T for my oil return.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mittens View Post
    Question on the oil feed.

once I remove the T fitting for the riva gen 3 shaft. And remove the oil feed line. Does it matter which port I use for the sensor vs turbo feed?

before sensor is on top, feed on bottom. But seems would make life easier if I swap them.
    After removing the sensor and then the T. the two holes are not threaded the same. SO just posting this incase somewhere later someone runs across this. You cant not run the oil pressure sensor in the bottom hole. only fits the top.

And a strait AN fitting M10x1.25 on block, going to a strait AN hose, 45, or 90 does not look like its going to clear the oil cooler on a 2016 svho. going to have to find a Banjo or 45 fitting.
    Last edited by mittens; 02-19-2021 at 04:27 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShawnInFL View Post
    I'm sure it's nothing, it just caught my eye.
    Pulled block off back off (dropped a bolt in bottom of bilge...) and inspected its in dead a reflection, haha paranoia owns me at times.

+1
    Cue the Kinks - Destroyer! Better safe than sorry bro! Can't imagine the $'s you're saving doing this yourself. Keep us posted!

keep us informed of your progress

+1
    Being told the Exhaust temp/water sensor can be just zip tied in the hull and plugged it. as it only trips when unplugged or over temp/ is this true?

Welder put me off a this week as the 2 race car prodjects have him slammed working to get them to a South GA race late this week. hopefully Monday.... these damn pipes are my and anyone else hold up but hopefully once done should be plug and play and run some waterlines.

10. +1 by:

+1
    Sucks to hit another welder wall, sorry to hear it. In your downtime, might as well get the electronics worked out. You know you want it, make it happen Mittens!! Would be damn hard to say no if I had a turbo setup. Love me some gadgets!

https://www.fueltech.net/collections...et-ski-package

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread Information