+1

2009 FZR Bilge pump fuse location?

I have a 2009 FZR SHO that the bilge pump isnt coming on. I think the fuse might be blown but I dont know where it might be located. I looked in the fuse holders in the electrical box but none are blown. I looked in the Harness where the the pump plugs in but no fuse there either.

Thanks in advance

I also have an issue of the ski taking on water when it sits in the water for any length of time any suggestion on where it might be coming from like common problem areas?

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1

+1
    Thanks I knew I saw a post somewhere about this but couldnt find it in a search

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lvnspeed View Post
    . . . .

I also have an issue of the ski taking on water when it sits in the water for any length of time any suggestion on where it might be coming from like common problem areas?
    For your 2nd issue, if the craft is off and floating aka beached and it continues to take-on water, I'd remove the plastic shroud cover over the IB couplers so you can shine a flashlight in that areas. The IB can leak via the mid-shaft seals, and could leak where the housing mates with the mid wall partition. Cracks in the pump tunnel, and issues with the transom and/or ride plate back plates are also areas to check.
    Optionally, you could trailer the craft on the driveway, fill the hull (substantially) to submerge the IB, etc.... and check for external leakage.
    As noted in the above thread link... the electric pump (operationally) only pumps when the ski is on/running - not at rest. So it will be of little value when anchored/beached in the water.

+1
    Thanks TimeBandit

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    For your 2nd issue, if the craft is off and floating aka beached and it continues to take-on water, I'd remove the plastic shroud cover over the IB couplers so you can shine a flashlight in that areas. The IB can leak via the mid-shaft seals, and could leak where the housing mates with the mid wall partition. Cracks in the pump tunnel, and issues with the transom and/or ride plate back plates are also areas to check.
    Optionally, you could trailer the craft on the driveway, fill the hull (substantially) to submerge the IB, etc.... and check for external leakage.
    As noted in the above thread link... the electric pump (operationally) only pumps when the ski is on/running - not at rest. So it will be of little value when anchored/beached in the water.

+1

2009 FZR Bilge pump fuse location?

Thanks TimeBandit
    O9 is in the fuse box. I think itís the same as your fuel pump fuse. So it sounds like your fuse is fine if the ski is running.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YudLuz2 View Post
    O9 is in the fuse box. I think it’s the same as your fuel pump fuse. So it sounds like your fuse is fine if the ski is running.
    Good to hear cause I cant seen to find it in the harness like what was pictured!

+1
    Good to hear cause I cant seen to find it in the harness like what was pictured!
    Thatís because they didnít do that until 2014 on the svho skis.

9. +1 by:

Thread Information