Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    210
    +1
    33

    AFR logging options

    Looks Like I'm going to be stepping up to a big wheel and cam next year on the 300. Would like to hear what people are using to check and log AFR and how they like them? I have the MaptunerX so I'm guessing there is the logging package that Jerry carries or the V-tech Can logger or I could use a standalone gauge. Looking forward to hearing what people say. TIA.

  2. #2
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,319
    +1
    927
    The new VTech logger for MaptunerX is nice although it has (maybe had since they did a firmware updated I have not tested) some minor issues. When it works it works very well and it's super easy to get the log data onto your computer. I would recommend this if the firmware corrected the issues I saw like the sensor sometimes not heating up after startup. This logger also displays AFR on the dash which is a super nice bonus, no need for external device to see whats happening while you're logging.

    Dashpac also has some logging option now, have not looked into that yet.

    I would never use just a gauge for tuning, you'll miss 90% of the important stuff, things just happen too fast. Super iffy with a large charger.


  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    210
    +1
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    The new VTech logger for MaptunerX is nice although it has (maybe had since they did a firmware updated I have not tested) some minor issues. When it works it works very well and it's super easy to get the log data onto your computer. I would recommend this if the firmware corrected the issues I saw like the sensor sometimes not heating up after startup. This logger also displays AFR on the dash which is a super nice bonus, no need for external device to see whats happening while you're logging.

    Dashpac also has some logging option now, have not looked into that yet.

    I would never use just a gauge for tuning, you'll miss 90% of the important stuff, things just happen too fast. Super iffy with a large charger.
    thank you for the reply. I did see in the other post that you were having a bit of trouble with it.

  4. #4
    r1goombah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    jersey shore
    Posts
    187
    +1
    10
    ive used the map tuner data logging, when it works its great and the fact of being able to send in the file for jesus to read is great, only thing i hated reading afr was i was always watching the dash, it was like i couldn't really enjoy riding cause i was watching numbers, i have a friend that was testing out the vtech logger and said i was easy to use, able to watch and send files direct from phone and no messy wires running all over the place, as for dash pac, i loved the afr/boost module i had from them, if i plan to read again with new 21 ski coming, i most likely would go with them.

  5. #5
    ptscon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,319
    +1
    927
    Quote Originally Posted by r1goombah View Post
    only thing i hated reading afr was i was always watching the dash, it was like i couldn't really enjoy riding cause i was watching numbers
    This is critically important part of logging. You don't want to burn up your motor while logging so being able to easily see AFR at all times is super important. It sure would ruin your day if after your 30 minute logging session you check the log and see you were doing 9k RPM at 13.9 AFR.

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Ellicott City, MD
    Posts
    146
    +1
    39
    Have used the Maptuner logger for a while. Worked fine until the PLX box got wet. Too many wires with that setup imo. Got the V-tech logger, less wires to deal with but had issues getting it to work. Did the update but never had a chance to try it out before the weather turned. Was able to play with the new Ultimate Dashpac a little (currently have the Dashflash) it seems like a pretty slick setup from those guys. Would be my choice for sure if starting from scratch.

  7. +1 by:


  8. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    210
    +1
    33
    Thanks for the input guys, it backed up any info I found so far. I really liked the look of the V-tech logger but was a bit worried about lack of customer service and how long they have took to sort things out in the past. The new Dashpac looks good and they seem to stand behind their product, I think I will be going that way. cheers.

  9. #8
    Davrac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Dubbo Australia
    Posts
    790
    +1
    130
    Have been using the vtech logger for 2 years now with no issues at all. Great bit of gear

  10. #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    210
    +1
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by Davrac View Post
    Have been using the vtech logger for 2 years now with no issues at all. Great bit of gear

    I was under the impression it was a new thing that came out this year? or are you using the older logtger?

  11. #10
    Bob 1tommygunner1927's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    8,781
    +1
    2,404
    AFR logging options.......and more.

    The best option is MoTeC!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Monitor AFR's Realtime / With Logging
    By ABBOTT in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 03-09-2017, 11:42 AM
  2. Other options for Data logging ?
    By Greggpru in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-19-2016, 12:29 PM
  3. V-tech Logger Help (not logging AFR correctly)
    By ATNryan in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-16-2016, 01:20 PM
  4. Logging Options
    By turbotank in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2014, 06:32 AM
  5. Any recommendations for AFR logging? LM-2 basic, DL-32, LM-2 duo...
    By gmoeller in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-12-2010, 10:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •