Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

RXP X 300 Fault Codes.. Throttle body?

Hey everyone, last ride out my ski got up to 33/35 mph and I felt it losing power and the engine light came on. It gave me 3 fault codes: P060E, P160E and P1615. I restarted the ski and it seemed to be revving high right when I started it so I killed it. Started it again and it idled and cruised around 5mph for 30 seconds before throwing the engine light and revving again. I have found that this seems to be a throttle body related issue, please correct me if I am wrong. Should I start with replacing the right hand throttle sensor first? And if so, do I need to replace the sensor and switch on throttle side or only the sensor?

If the sensor/switch does not solve the issue, I'm assuming I should go and replace the throttle body? Is there anymore in depth process to the throttle body replacement other than unbolting and unplugging sensor into the throttle body? I thought I saw a thread stating something about letting the throttle body set itself when replaced. First time tackling a throttle body issue so all info is appreciated. Thank you guys in advance.

+1
    Sounds like the throttle is failing. I wouldn't even bother with the handle bar sensors, very rare for those to fail. Replace the throttle and that's it, there's no reset required.

I use one of these aftermarket ones on my PX, works just like the original https://seadoothrottlebody.com/

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post
    Sounds like the throttle is failing. I wouldn't even bother with the handle bar sensors, very rare for those to fail. Replace the throttle and that's it, there's no reset required.

I use one of these aftermarket ones on my PX, works just like the original https://seadoothrottlebody.com/

Ok cool, much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by kevin96xx View Post
    Hey everyone, last ride out my ski got up to 33/35 mph and I felt it losing power and the engine light came on. It gave me 3 fault codes: P060E, P160E and P1615. I restarted the ski and it seemed to be revving high right when I started it so I killed it. Started it again and it idled and cruised around 5mph for 30 seconds before throwing the engine light and revving again. I have found that this seems to be a throttle body related issue, please correct me if I am wrong. Should I start with replacing the right hand throttle sensor first? And if so, do I need to replace the sensor and switch on throttle side or only the sensor?

If the sensor/switch does not solve the issue, I'm assuming I should go and replace the throttle body? Is there anymore in depth process to the throttle body replacement other than unbolting and unplugging sensor into the throttle body? I thought I saw a thread stating something about letting the throttle body set itself when replaced. First time tackling a throttle body issue so all info is appreciated. Thank you guys in advance.
    Definitely throttle body, same thing happened to my 2012 rxtx 260, got a new tb from the same site posted by ptscon, plugged it in and it worked. No reset or anything required. Although you do have to find out why it failed. TB only fails when water gets in the intake and corrodes the flap; in my case, my intercooler was leaking, which caused my tb to fail. Intercooler leaking will blow a head gasket down the road if not quickly addressed, so make sure you find out why the tb failed. In my case, my intercooler leaked, and now my engine head is off waiting for a new head gasket...

Same aftermarket on E-bay for $69, why pay $169?

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=257204&page=5

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerial View Post
    Definitely throttle body, same thing happened to my 2012 rxtx 260, got a new tb from the same site posted by ptscon, plugged it in and it worked. No reset or anything required. Although you do have to find out why it failed. TB only fails when water gets in the intake and corrodes the flap; in my case, my intercooler was leaking, which caused my tb to fail. Intercooler leaking will blow a head gasket down the road if not quickly addressed, so make sure you find out why the tb failed. In my case, my intercooler leaked, and now my engine head is off waiting for a new head gasket...
    Good to know, how can I identify if my intercooler is leaking? Still new to the supercharged/modding ski scene. My ski currently has 118 hrs, kana flex intake and Riva Maptuner bone stock 8300 + power filter tune if that helps any. Intake and tune installed at 55 hrs, this is my first issue with ski since mods were added.

Quote Originally Posted by kevin96xx View Post
    Good to know, how can I identify if my intercooler is leaking? Still new to the supercharged/modding ski scene. My ski currently has 118 hrs, kana flex intake and Riva Maptuner bone stock 8300 + power filter tune if that helps any. Intake and tune installed at 55 hrs, this is my first issue with ski since mods were added.
    Its very easy. First, pull off the intake hose connected to the throttle body. Then, start the engine and turn on the garden hose into the flushing port. Then, rev the engine a few times (only to 4k rpm) and observe if any water comes out of the intake hose. There could be condensation, but you will notice if there is water leaking into the IC, as water will spray out of the intake hose. This is the video of my IC leaking:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ptscon View Post

That's crazy cheap...wow!

You say that, but my handle bar...i'm going to call it a potentiometer... flaked out on my 2012 px...low hours but very old. You can put a meter on it and check it, I had a motec on mine so it was super easy to see. CanDoo is a good investment as well.

I'd pull the hose of the throttle body and with the ski powered off, make sure you can move the butterfly valve...it has decent amount of spring tension on it but it shouldn't be sticky or seized....after that power up the ski(motor not running) and play with the the throttle and see if it's working. I'd be quicker to replace the trigger sender than the throttle unless the throttle feels sticky.

+1
    If you want a oem i have a new in box just on me .

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DR2006RXP View Post
    If you want a oem i have a new in box just on me .
    You have a oem throttle body? New or used?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information