Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    +1

Adding trim to 15f

I know zxi 1100 nozzles with trim rings work but what are you using for the trim actuator? Iím thinking about retrofitting an ultra trim module and handlebar button and having it control the zxi nozzle. Need to take a good look at the fsm and see how integrated the trim module is to the ecu (if at all) on the 310ís. Also need to work up a gauge setup. Any suggestions? Iím sure someone has done this before. Seen a few mini boat projects that started to rig up something but the thread died before the final results were in

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    I know zxi 1100 nozzles with trim rings work but what are you using for the trim actuator? I’m thinking about retrofitting an ultra trim module and handlebar button and having it control the zxi nozzle. Need to take a good look at the fsm and see how integrated the trim module is to the ecu (if at all) on the 310’s. Also need to work up a gauge setup. Any suggestions? I’m sure someone has done this before. Seen a few mini boat projects that started to rig up something but the thread died before the final results were in

easiest method would be to use a yamaha quick trim setup or set it up as an auto drop.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    easiest method would be to use a yamaha quick trim setup or set it up as an auto drop.

Sean

I see some yamahas had a trim lever but am not familiar with how that worked. Only trim system Iíve ever used is Seadoo VTS. I actually have some parts for a VTS laying around. Iím looking to get the electric trim setup. Thinking either VTS or perhaps an oem kawi setup. So basically Iím looking for a parts list for and electric VTS swap. And I still want to keep reverse

Zxi nozzle (should I extend to nozzle a bit if I go this route?)

Seadoo VTS (I like that they are self contained and can be stand alone)

Kawi trim system (either from an ultra 150 or maybe a 310 but not sure which would be easier to swap and what is required to control them. Looks like they have a separate control module)

Handlebar switch (Iíd likely use the kawi 310 VTS/on/off switch)

I donít mind pouring over the wiring diagrams to get this all to work but meet to get a general idea first. Also need to see how to go about sealing up and installing the through hull portion.

+1
    I see some yamahas had a trim lever but am not familiar with how that worked. Only trim system Iíve ever used is Seadoo VTS. I actually have some parts for a VTS laying around. Iím looking to get the electric trim setup. Thinking either VTS or perhaps an oem kawi setup. So basically Iím looking for a parts list for and electric VTS swap. And I still want to keep reverse

Zxi nozzle (should I extend to nozzle a bit if I go this route?)

Seadoo VTS (I like that they are self contained and can be stand alone)

Kawi trim system (either from an ultra 150 or maybe a 310 but not sure which would be easier to swap and what is required to control them. Looks like they have a separate control module)

Handlebar switch (Iíd likely use the kawi 310 VTS/on/off switch)

I donít mind pouring over the wiring diagrams to get this all to work but meet to get a general idea first. Also need to see how to go about sealing up and installing the through hull portion.
    Take a look at my kawidoo thread, there are (or should be) some pictures of the vts install.

Sean

+1
    Take a look at my kawidoo thread, there are (or should be) some pictures of the vts install.

Sean
    For future reference, it’s post #95 in this thread: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=Kawidoo

@sean You attached the VTS to the seadoo pump right? I’m looking to attach the setup to a zxi nozzle or I can fab up a trim ring and weld on some support brackets. Also looking into trim tabs and may go that route instead. I’ll have to do the math for sure but I bet somewhere around a 6x3 tabs with an electric actuators and presets would be awesome. There is even a “launch” control system that could be rigged to that setup. Now I just need a left hand proportional lever to operate an actuator for the reverse bucket and I’ll have IBR lol.

+1
    For future reference, itís post #95 in this thread: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=Kawidoo

@sean You attached the VTS to the seadoo pump right? Iím looking to attach the setup to a zxi nozzle or I can fab up a trim ring and weld on some support brackets. Also looking into trim tabs and may go that route instead. Iíll have to do the math for sure but I bet somewhere around a 6x3 tabs with an electric actuators and presets would be awesome. There is even a ďlaunchĒ control system that could be rigged to that setup. Now I just need a left hand proportional lever to operate an actuator for the reverse bucket and Iíll have IBR lol.
    Yep, mine is all doo, I mostly meant to look for where I have mine mounted and attached.

Sean

+1
    Yep, mine is all doo, I mostly meant to look for where I have mine mounted and attached.

Sean
    Here is another option ive been thinking about: https://bennetttrimtabs.com/product/self-leveling-tabs/

or possibly an electric version of those but I like the idea of spring loaded as long as the end travel is not below horizontal with the hull. Any thoughts? I know Bennett is a Yamaha boat supplier

+1
    What is your goal for the tabs?

Sean

+1
    Eiminate porpoising primarily while not loosing top end speed too much. Currently I’m running the R&D rideplate and it porpoises quite a bit (riding 2 up 95% of the time). I installed a 2* wedge upside down and that helped dramatically though it didn’t 100% cure it. Problem is it scrubbed a few mph which was expected. I’m after the best of both world basically.

+1
    Going to try trying up my R&D rideplate first and see what i can get out of it. I think it just wasn’t designed for 2up riding. I’d trade it for a shredmaster if anyone has one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information