Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    +1
    English is good - thank you.

Understand you have a 2014 VX hull and installed a FX engine - okay.
    Yes, I do see problems in your picture above, as this very well can be your source of the water leaking inside.
    You might have connected the wrong discharge ports. Also might have block a necessary vent. I can try to explain ......

Bilge pump system:
    In your 2nd picture of the bilge pump hoses, compare this diagram of a 2016 FX Cruiser:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-05 09-10-36.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	469438

However, the black connection at the top #22 ... make certain this is installed correct direction. Also, #13 hose, this should be open and routed near the rear seat area. This functions as vent to stop siphon from developing inside the hose. Your assumption might be correct, while backing into water in that water is forced up the hose, and because the yellow hose you have kinked/blocked in the picture develops a reverse siphon into the hull.

It is okay to have discharge below the water. HOWEVER (important) where did you connect discharge hose clamp #3 ? Did you mistakenly connect this to the bilge strainer system discharge tube (see below) ??
    Make certain your bilge pump discharge #3 goes to the side port of the pump tunnel #1.

Bilge Strainer system:
    This is what I called the jet pump siphon system, which sucks water out of the hull only when riding on-plane.

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-05 09-11-43.png 
Views:	13 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	469439

I think your 1st picture is this hose #5 ?
    Notice that hose #2 MUST connect to to the bilge strainer system discharge tube on the transom plate.
    Connection #3 is a special one-way check-valve to prevent back-flow into the hull.

I suggest you study these two diagrams above.
    Take notice of discharge location fittings.
    Take note of part #22 (first diagram) is for bilge pump system, and that part #3 (second diagram) is for bilge strainer system (they look similar yet function differently).

2. +1 by:

+1

Quote Originally Posted by TimeBandit View Post
    English is good - thank you.

Understand you have a 2014 VX hull and installed a FX engine - okay.
    Yes, I do see problems in your picture above, as this very well can be your source of the water leaking inside.
    You might have connected the wrong discharge ports. Also might have block a necessary vent. I can try to explain ......

Bilge pump system:
    In your 2nd picture of the bilge pump hoses, compare this diagram of a 2016 FX Cruiser:

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-05 09-10-36.png 
Views:	24 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	469438

However, the black connection at the top #22 ... make certain this is installed correct direction. Also, #13 hose, this should be open and routed near the rear seat area. This functions as vent to stop siphon from developing inside the hose. Your assumption might be correct, while backing into water in that water is forced up the hose, and because the yellow hose you have kinked/blocked in the picture develops a reverse siphon into the hull.

It is okay to have discharge below the water. HOWEVER (important) where did you connect discharge hose clamp #3 ? Did you mistakenly connect this to the bilge strainer system discharge tube (see below) ??
    Make certain your bilge pump discharge #3 goes to the side port of the pump tunnel #1.

Bilge Strainer system:
    This is what I called the jet pump siphon system, which sucks water out of the hull only when riding on-plane.

Name:	Screenshot from 2020-12-05 09-11-43.png 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	469439

I think your 1st picture is this hose #5 ?
    Notice that hose #2 MUST connect to to the bilge strainer system discharge tube on the transom plate.
    Connection #3 is a special one-way check-valve to prevent back-flow into the hull.

I suggest you study these two diagrams above.
    Take notice of discharge location fittings.
    Take note of part #22 (first diagram) is for bilge pump system, and that part #3 (second diagram) is for bilge strainer system (they look similar yet function differently).

Thanks once again. Ok. So this is what i did.
    I have studied the vx and fx transomeplates and did what i though was best. And due that the vx dont have any Electric bilge pump, and wasent really sure how the strainer system worked or how good it worked. Right or wrong. At the time i though the Electric one was more important. So i just plugged it and used the strainer outlet for the Electric pump instead of drilling a new hole in the hull. (and yes, hose nr.5 is the plugged one in my picture)

So kind of built up all the hoses like the strainer system. But instead its connect to the electric pump.
    (pretty sure the strainer outlet continue to the nozzle if i remember correct)

So guess this could be a issue?
    But if the strainer outlet is special one-way check-valve to prevent back-flow into the hull. Shouldent it work the same for an electric pump?

Learing alot here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20201205_191410.jpg 
Size:	56.2 KB 
ID:	469447  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    The factory bilge scavenge system (often called the bilge siphon) does work well. It is intended to extract small amounts of water that accumulate in the bilge while riding. It works continuously anytime you are riding forward. The jet pump creates a constant suction from the small tube inside the jet nozzle. That tube connects inside the hull to the plastic elbow mount high up under the seat.

This system can NOT remove large amounts of bilge water quickly.

Removing a lot of water in a hurry is what an electric bilge pump is about.

BUT, an electric bilge pump is designed to have an unrestricted flow path to the outside. Large diameter hose of short length. An electric bilge pump cannot work well with a long hose, and especially a hose that is narrow inside diameter.

My own preference is to mount the hull exit fitting for the bilge pump on the side of the upper hull where I can see the water flowing. This provides an immediately indication that something is wrong if I even see water coming out!

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2860404

+1
    Tip: It is OK to make a new hole for the bilge pump exit. Does not reduce the resale value.

Just do the bilge pump installation neatly and place the hull exit fitting in a good location.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3060886

+1
    I was just going to suggest the same thing, as K447 beat me to it - LOL !

I agree with K447, I would restore the bilge strainer setup in your craft to the original OEM hose routing, because it is very efficient .
    Next, create a new discharge port for the electric bilge pump. As in his and my photos, position this new discharge fitting above the water-line. And it is great to see if ever it is running.

I have include some old pictures from my other threads, yet they do show where my bilge pump discharge is locate below :

In the picture above, it is the white 1.25" port fitting.

The picture above shows the inside view - top left white hose "bilge discharge".
    Last edited by TimeBandit; 12-05-2020 at 05:14 PM.

+1
    I will do that. I bought another bilgepump today also, with
    Automatic level start, also manual by switch. This bilge will be beweeten the tank and and engine. So now i have one in the engine hull, one stock in the back, and i will restore siphon. So will be pretty safe to say: no worries for this skii ��.

Just one last question. You guys think this setup i did with then Electric bilge to siphon outlet could be the reason for the water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Niklas View Post
    ... this setup i did with then Electric bilge to siphon outlet could be the reason for the water?
    Unclear.

Verify that the small 'siphon tube' is actuallty present inside jet pump main exit nozzle.

And verify the siphon break elbow inside the hull up high is oriented correctly.

+1
    Ill check, but think its all good. Pretty easy to see when i put the skii in the water when spring
    comes, just temporarily block the siphon tube or hose when i put the ski in water i guess.

Edit. Even more easy. Temporarily block the hose from the outlet ��
    Last edited by Niklas; 12-05-2020 at 05:00 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Niklas View Post
    . . . .
    Just one last question. You guys think this setup i did with then Electric bilge to siphon outlet could be the reason for the water?
    Not sure either, but personally yes I can certainly rationalize this could be your root cause.
    Reason, the metal siphon exit tube embedded in the nozzle is at such an angle that velocity from the jet stream develops a vacuum within the tube. The principle of operation is known as a "venturi displacement pump", and therefore the bilge strainer system will pull water out of the hull - if present. However, at idle and low rpm, there is not enough velocity or displacement occurring, and therefore water pressures in the nozzle can actually be place into the siphon tube causing water to come in. This is why Yamaha inserts a one-way check valve in-line with this system to help prevent such back-flow. That said, is it possible for the check-valve to fail? Sure. Possible that the check-valve is "slow" allowing some amount to slip past - certainly. Example, some owners have either blocked-off the system and/or removed it entirely to prevent such potential failures in the future.
    That said, I think such failures are rare, if happen only result in a splash of water inside - nothing to risk the craft.

Side-notes:
    You now have two bilge pumps. If you wired the aft pump to the OEM wiring harness, please note that this circuit comes "on" as long as the ski ignition is active. This means the bilge pump must be rated to run continuously, even when no water is present. Personally, I am no fan of this behavior.
    Your 2nd pump forward, is likely wired directly to the battery terminals - correct? If yes, this is good, and is much like the behavior of a typical electric pump in boats - only comes on when water is present AND can come on at any time, ski running or not.

+1
    The more i think of it more, it make sence. im gonna try to make a long story short.
    Last summer a friend and i decided to take a trip to my cabin and spend the night. its about 1 hour with the skis.
    I had just about finished this ski, so i hadent used it much, but i knowed about the leak issue. So what i did before we did go was to test in for a period in water by the docks.
    I put it in, waited one hour, then checked the water level. did som for every hour for about 4 hour, just to see that i could make the trip. And by the end of the day. it was, what i could see the same water level from hour 1 - to hour 4.
    What i did was. extra sealed all the outputs. and put dual clams on all. i though that would do the trick.
    When we did ride to the cabin. i check my oil after about 20 minutres of riding. and noticed that the water was there again. the concern i had was leavning for the night at the cabin. it would be about 10-12 hours, or more. unchecked.
    The next day i checked the waterlevel, it was the same from what i could see. I good note in this is the waterlevel always was to low for the bilgepump. never reach the Point that it could get it away.

And yes. the new bilge will go to the battery. the other one is that way. starts when i start the ski, and starts when i turn off the ski.
    so it will be a good compliment to it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information