Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    +1
    A leaky oil cooler would explain the oil in coolant but not the running problem.

I have seen some black specs in coolant tanks but not as many as this one xerial did not post a pic of the coolant bottle. We put 30psi in each spark plug hole and one of the cylinders caused gurgling in the coolant bottle. The head is off and will go to the machine shop to check for warpage and a re surface, head gasket and misc parts have been ordered the oil cooler will be pressure tested when it all goes back together.

I did notice this engine had the least amount of carbon of any I have taken apart piston tops were very clean with a distinct burn pattern, valve faces were very clean and next to no carbon build up in the exhaust ports and exhaust manifold.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    A leaky oil cooler would explain the oil in coolant but not the running problem.

I have seen some black specs in coolant tanks but not as many as this one xerial did not post a pic of the coolant bottle. We put 30psi in each spark plug hole and one of the cylinders caused gurgling in the coolant bottle. The head is off and will go to the machine shop to check for warpage and a re surface, head gasket and misc parts have been ordered the oil cooler will be pressure tested when it all goes back together.

I did notice this engine had the least amount of carbon of any I have taken apart piston tops were very clean with a distinct burn pattern, valve faces were very clean and next to no carbon build up in the exhaust ports and exhaust manifold.
    Yes, there were lots of black specs in the coolant tank, exactly the same amount as the pictures posted here: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=230392

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post

Well it looks like his ski is in excellent hands. Will get fixed the right way. Watched many of your YouTube videos, very helpful. Cheers

4. +1 by:

Quote Originally Posted by RobJ View Post
    Well it looks like his ski is in excellent hands. Will get fixed the right way. Watched many of your YouTube videos, very helpful. Cheers
    Just an update on this! 3ftdeep repaired the head gasket, and it has been running flawlessly ever since! Here's a link to the youtube video they made using my ski!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information