2017 FX HO stage 1 Deans or Riva

Besides having to mail the ECU to Deans and advantages of one over the other?

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    You can change the Riva MaptunerX tune in a few minutes, for no extra cost, right in your driveway. Or even while on the water.

Not only the tune stage but also the tune’s octane requirement.

My GP1800 SVHO Riva tune defaults to requiring 93 octane, but they also have the 91 Low Octane tune in the library, so I normally use that. If I wanted to take advantage and fill up with 93 octane I can change the ECU tune to match. Go faster for the day, then switch back to 91 octane tune for a long distance ride the next day.

There are also Riva tune variants for aggressive throttle response (ATR) and/or aggressive ignition timing (AGR).

If you change the engine hardware modifications you can (and should) also change the tune to match. All the SVHO MaptunerX tunes from Riva are included in the one-time license price.

Once you have the MaptunerX device on hand, you can use your MaptunerX to install tunes for your friends. They just pay for the tune license.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if there is different octane tunes for the HO also? That can be a useful option if it did.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1300 View Post
    ... Do you know if there is different octane tunes for the HO also?

That can be a useful option if it did.
    On the non-supercharged 1.8 liter HO Yamaha engine my understanding is that there are only a few tune options offered. Much less than the wide array of tunes for the SVHO engine.

The factory tune on the HO 1.8 is already quite good. There are some marginal power and speed gains possible but not the night and day gains the SVHO engines experience with aftermarket tunes.

You would have to read up on the specific reports from users with those tunes. And also what gasoline octane the tune requires to provide the claimed gains.

+1
    Also keep in mind that you can have custom tunes with MaptunerX by adding the data logging option. You can get custom tunes from Jesus at Riva by email. For instance if you are at higher elevation like myself then Jesus can make you a tune for your conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by gsxr1300 View Post
    Besides having to mail the ECU to Deans and advantages of one over the other?
    Last edited by SpeedJunky; 11-08-2020 at 10:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Thanks im at sea level and it's a naturally aspirated engine stock so I don't think I would need any thing custom.

Thread Information