Kawi DI injector rebuild

I spoke to the guy at Lakeside Tech a few mouths back about my stx 1100DI. I thought he told me there was a thread showing how to disassemble these injectors and clean them. The thread had McMaster Carr O-ring part#'s listed too. I have a new ultrasonic cleaner that will work great on these. Can some one post that link?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1100DI INJ.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	468669   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1100DI INJ 2.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	468670   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1100DI INJ 3.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	64.3 KB 
ID:	468671  

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...ip#post2227771

Note: IIRC later on someone corrected one of the o-ring sizes, which I had posted incorrectly.

Some hunting around should find that update post.

Warning: donít mix up the injectors and the tips, keep them paired together.

And keep track of which injector goes on which cylinder.

+1
    This post later in that thread appears to have the McMaster numbers updated: http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post2952472

Thanks for the info guys! One more question, Does anyone know the part#'s of the o-rings for the inlet and outlet fittings?
    Also I am going to build this setup and do some testing

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TT350 View Post
    ... part#'s of the o-rings for the inlet and outlet fittings?

Also I am going to build this setup and do some testing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O0qZtq_TCE
    I have listed the Kawasaki part numbers for those tiny Ficht fuel hose to injector o-rings somewhere. And you can find them using an online parts lookup diagram.

There are two sizes for those little o-rings. Fuel return is slight different from fuel supply.

Be aware that E-Tec is different from Ficht. I do not know how the pulse width durations might compare between E-Tec and Ficht fuel injectors. In that video it sounded like he did not take pulse width duty cycle into consideration

That bench top fuel injector cleaning rig gives me pause. Flammable liquids flowing right next to exposed electrical equipment and multiple alligator clip connections.

I was going to use Pine-Sol as a cleaner. Pulse width is a non issue. I just need to open and close them at some rate to clean and see the spray pattern.
    Last edited by TT350; 11-12-2020 at 08:47 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by TT350 View Post
    ... Pulse width is a non issue.

I just need to open and close them at some rate to clean and see the spray pattern.
    Unlike typical automotive fuel injectors, Ficht fuel injectors are not electrically controlled valves.

Ficht fuel injectors are ram solenoid operated high pressure fuel pumps. The 45 volt pulse energizes the solenoid which rams the piston downwards, pressurizing the trapped fuel to a few hundred PSI. The pressurized fuel forces the tiny poppet valve in the injector tip open and the fuel sprays out.

The 20+ PSI fuel pressure from the fuel tank pump is just to provide fuel lift from the tank and continual cooling flow through the Ficht injectors. The much higher final fuel pressures at the injector tip are created within each Ficht injector.

If the Ficht injector is overdriven by extended duration pulses the ram pump piston reaches end of travel inside the injector.

I donít know what is in Pine-Sol, but you might want to use a cleaner that is intended for fuel system cleaning.

If you never used Pine-Sol you are missing out. It works better than anything else you can buy. I have the factory service manual for this ski. It goes into great detail about the strategy the EMM uses for multi spark and fuel spray timing at cranking and how it is managed throughout the RPM range.

I am looking for O-ring part#'s for the inlet and outlet fittings.

Thread Information