Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by DanSVHO View Post
    Sure. That makes sense. Well, I’m not sure I want to tinker with it more as it is running great now. If I had a stock nozzle, my RPMs would probably be 9800 and I wouldn’t be going faster. With the smaller nozzle it chokes down the pump bringing RPMs downs but optimizes thrust.

so your running a 30 psi wheel, ethanol and different pistons and your speed is the same as mine? That’s hard to believe. I would think you would be faster.
    The skis I have are a 2011 and a 2016 both of which have alot more drag.You could have more motor spinning a larger prop to higher rpms but if the surface tension from the hull design is higher than yours it wont be able to travel any faster.Same concept would apply if you stuck your current motor into an old GPR hull where the surface tension would be alot lower allowing you to go much faster without making any additional power.Either of the two previous FX hulls is only going to do 88 mph with your mods in humid Florida weather 93 to 95mph takes ALOT.The new hull bottoms Yamaha is pumping out are impressive to say the very least

2. +1 by:

+1
    Congrats on reaching that speed , did you try the stock plate cut by Dean or just went with older style plate from the get go?

+1
    I did have the oem plate cut by him first. But It would bounce at high speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by lazsrxp View Post
    Congrats on reaching that speed , did you try the stock plate cut by Dean or just went with older style plate from the get go?

+1
    Very impressive speed Dan. The Delta between RPM and MPH speak volumes about how well a PWC is set up. 92.8 MPH @ 9,400 RPM is exceptional on a GP and, at least for me, unheard of on a non-turbo FX.

Most GPs with a Stage 2 or 3 are at least 2-3 MPH slower than RPM. A 1.2 Delta is exceptionally well done.

Obviously both Jerry and Dean have given you some very good advice.

Lastly, please be careful; 90 MPH + is serious business.

+1
    thank you. Yea, always careful it is dangerous-this ski isn’t for a rookie rider. You can get into trouble real fast...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf714 View Post
    Very impressive speed Dan. The Delta between RPM and MPH speak volumes about how well a PWC is set up. 92.8 MPH @ 9,400 RPM is exceptional on a GP and, at least for me, unheard of on a non-turbo FX.

Most GPs with a Stage 2 or 3 are at least 2-3 MPH slower than RPM. A 1.2 Delta is exceptionally well done.

Obviously both Jerry and Dean have given you some very good advice.

Lastly, please be careful; 90 MPH + is serious business.

+1
    Dang, just saw your top speed. Kickin' Ass, Congrats! Great to see these newer hulls going fast. Sounds like we have similar setups. Getting mine back from Dean tomorrow. 20# going in and looking forward to some weekend pulls. Very curious about your journey to this point with this ski and how the speeds have progressed.

Did you have the NA VXR I&E done prior to the 20#? If so, what were your speeds with that setup. That's where I am and was getting 84 (tap 85).

How much of a difference did you see between the Stock and 20#?

I'm loving my ski as is, but that itch keeps calling me back for more. The acceleration is wicked fast, can't wait to see what the new wheel does for the fun factor. Dean really brings them to life!!
    Last edited by ShawnInFL; 01-27-2021 at 10:53 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information