+1

MaptunerX for pre 2014 15F and 12F

Came across this adapter fro maptunerx and got me wondering: https://www.maptunpowersports.com/ma...maptunerx.html

So is it just a matter of having Jesus program a tube for the pre 14 15f/12f?

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Came across this adapter fro maptunerx and got me wondering: https://www.maptunpowersports.com/ma...maptunerx.html

So is it just a matter of having Jesus program a tube for the pre 14 15f/12f?
    I think the immobilizers are different, the cam position nub is in a different spot relative to the crank angle on the early vs later models. The temp sensor curves are also different early vs late as well.

Depending on what they actually flash, it may be okay as long as you don't update the basic ecu parameters and only change fuel/timing curves but I wouldn't want to mess with it if I wasnt sure.

Sean

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by smokeysevin View Post
    I think the immobilizers are different, the cam position nub is in a different spot relative to the crank angle on the early vs later models. The temp sensor curves are also different early vs late as well.

Depending on what they actually flash, it may be okay as long as you don't update the basic ecu parameters and only change fuel/timing curves but I wouldn't want to mess with it if I wasnt sure.

Sean
    Yeah all I was thinking about was fuel and timing curves. Would be nice to play around with the acceleration enrichment and idle as well a bit. Does vtech or Riva have any tune files for these engines? I have a spare ecu I was thinking of tuning

My name is Sean and I am addicted to STXs smokeysevin's Avatar
    +1
    The only aftermarket tunes that I know of that riva did for the stx were race gas only.

One set was for the supercharges motors, and one set was for the high compression motors.

Sean

Thread Information