Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Myself and my uncle have always put about two bottles of " Ace 104 Octane booster " in our storage compartment for times when premium wasnt available. never ever had a problem. the plugs get a red stain on them but fire fine. I only use it when absolutely necessary. I tested several brands of octane booster in an old detonating six cylinder ford and found " Ace 104 " to be the one that really did work. We ride the swamp in Morgan City and only use about half a bottle to a fill-up with regular unless we can get to the Spunky Monkey where premium is available.

2. +1 by:

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimeVXR View Post
    ... I'm getting ... the new gp. I just put svho figuring most people would know im talking about the supercharged engine. ...
    Yamaha sells two different hulls that offer the SVHO engine option. Both have large SVHO decals on the sides, but that is not the hull model.

The FX SVHO is a larger hull than the GP1800R SVHO. The FX differs from the GP1800R, with different rear decks and different fuel filler locations.

Read my linked thread carefully as there are some things to pay attention to. The aftermarket fuel filler spout and the specific shape of the fuel container body, and the handle shapes.

I have ran 89 before with no issues if I had no other option. Did not run it as hard but it never skipped a beat.

5. +1 by:

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    you can run 2vp fuel jugs tied together as well and that will give you closer to 12 gallons vs just 5. I like the vp better cause they hold close to 6 gallons.

To make clear, the reason I dont support fuel boosters, because gasoline's shelf life is 90 days and I know most those octane boosters are stored for much longer than 90 days in the shelf. Yes they might be a hit or miss, if they work or not. I personally dont like to take chances on my craft.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    you can run 2 vp fuel jugs tied together as well and that will give you closer to 12 gallons vs just 5.
    I like the vp better cause they hold close to 6 gallons...
    Which specific VP fuel containers are you using?

Looking at the VP web site for square(ish) fuel jugs I see
    Available in 3 and 5 gallon capacities

Two six gallon jugs would be two gallons more than my pair of five gallon jugs (which I sometimes overfill ).

Scepter also makes
    a slightly larger capacity 20 liter 07622 and 25 litre (6.6 gallon) 07539 fuel cans.

Many of the VP jugs I have seen tend to be rather tall, which is the opposite of what is wanted when strapping fuel jugs to the rear deck (without using a rack). Short and squat profile, with two widely spaced areas on the handle for the straps to tension and stabilize the can in place.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scpeter_25l_yellowvent_07539.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	64.6 KB 
ID:	468567  

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Two six gallon jugs would be two gallons more than my pair of five gallon jugs (which I sometimes overfill ).

Scepter also makes
    a slightly larger capacity 20 liter 07622 and 25 litre (6.6 gallon) 07539 fuel cans.

Many of the VP jugs I have seen tend to be rather tall, which is the opposite of what is wanted when strapping fuel jugs to the rear deck (without using a rack). Short and squat profile, with two widely spaced areas on the handle for the straps to tension and stabilize the can in place.
    I put 6 gallons in those VP jugs all the time. I usually have one on my boat, that extra gallon could be the difference in making it back to the ramp or not on the boat.

Work Harder, Millions on Wellfare Depend On Us! ultramaxracing05's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post

Scepter also makes

they are not accurate, but its good for us, cause like I said i can normally fit close to 6 gallons in a vp fuel can.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ultramaxracing05 View Post
    ... i can normally fit close to 6 gallons in a vp fuel can.
    My question was more about which model of VP fuel jug you are using? The VP jug shown in the product photo looks kinda tall.

Many fuel containers can be overfilled to some degree beyond the label rating. Including the Scepter type I use. If I wanted even more capacity I could switch to the 6.6 gallon jugs, which can also be overfilled to some degree.

For carrying fuel on the rear deck without a rack I wanted a jug design that was fairly squat, rectangular and stable when strapped down. The Scepter does this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information