Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2019 Kawasaki Ultra 310X Newbie

I purchased the ski new 4/2020 and have rigged it up for fishing. All I ride in is Saltwater here in San Diego. I've read that the supercharger needs to be foamed after each use. The little intake valve is too small for the sea foam straw to fit into.

1. Is it really necessary after each use?

2. Is there an adapter or a trick to get the straw to fit that little port? Or is there another way of doing it?

3. Lastly being I'm a new rider using the SLO key which doesn't register the supercharger on the gauges...am I actually using it and does it need to be foamed after each use?

Thanks in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Big PL 619 View Post
    I purchased the ski new 4/2020 and have rigged it up for fishing. All I ride in is Saltwater here in San Diego. I've read that the supercharger needs to be foamed after each use. The little intake valve is too small for the sea foam straw to fit into.

1. Is it really necessary after each use?

2. Is there an adapter or a trick to get the straw to fit that little port? Or is there another way of doing it?

3. Lastly being I'm a new rider using the SLO key which doesn't register the supercharger on the gauges...am I actually using it and does it need to be foamed after each use?

Thanks in advance.
    It doesn’t get sea foamed it gets fogged. Sea foam does make a spray that will fog also though. And yes, after every ride no exceptions. You also need salt away flush after every ride. I know it’s a process but that’s what these skis need

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    I purchased the [2019 Kawasaki Ultra 310X] new 4/2020 ... I'm a new rider using the SLO key ...
    Are you always using the SLO key with your 310hp watercraft?

Was the engine broken in using a gradual increase in maximum throttle which would typically include some full throttle riding after the initial 95 minutes. Engine break-in typically involves the ‘full power’ key and some moments of (nearly) full throttle.

100% of the air flow into the engine passes through the supercharger. Which means that salt air/mist and sea moisture also passes through the supercharger. This is why the post ride recommendation to spray fogging oil spray (which is a specific type of ‘sticky’ oily mist product) into the supercharger intake.

The Salt-Away product is for flushing through the engine water cooling system and can also be used to wash the engine compartment.

Some riders follow the salt away wash down with a fresh water rinse, drain and air dry of the hull interior, followed by application of a metal protectant spray product on the metal surfaces.

+1
    Welcome to the Greenhulk community & congrats on the new Kawi!. Like others have said, you want to fog the SC after riding in saltwater as well as flushing the ski’s
    motor & Intercooler with saltaway. I fog the SC while flushing the ski while the engine is running. I personally use WD-40 and was recommend to do so from a friend who raced for Kawasaki with using the 310 platform. Don’t forget to rev the ski after flushing to blow all of the water out of the water box/exhaust system. It will take several blimps of the throttle while watching the water exit the exhaust system.

Billy D

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 4-keeps View Post
    Welcome to the Greenhulk community & congrats on the new Kawi!. Like others have said, you want to fog the SC after riding in saltwater as well as flushing the ski’s
    motor & Intercooler with saltaway. I fog the SC while flushing the ski while the engine is running. I personally use WD-40 and was recommend to do so from a friend who raced for Kawasaki with using the 310 platform. Don’t forget to rev the ski after flushing to blow all of the water out of the water box/exhaust system. It will take several blimps of the throttle while watching the water exit the exhaust system.

Billy D
    I like the wd40 recommendation since it’s cheap and easy to find. That would probably work well especially when fogging upstream of the intercooler.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    I like the wd40 recommendation since it’s cheap and easy to find. That would probably work well especially when fogging upstream of the intercooler.

Yeah I guess that is a plus as well dcuhpw. I know it does the job well, I fog it while flushing the motor side. I let the ski run on the hose flushing it using saltaway while spraying the WD-40 for 10-15 seconds at a time. I usually do this 2-3 times during the flushing process. Gina had 479+ hours must be doing something right.

Billy D

For starters a HUGE thanks to all of you for your help and quick response. It is greatly appreciated. The Sea Foam cans may not be the fogging type which might explain why the straw is too large for the port? That is the first thing I will have to check. Is the straw fitting correctly in the small little gold port at the front of the seat for all of you? I've been using the Salt Away religiously after each trip (through both ports on the rear of the ski) so I got that covered. I will use the green key on my next trip out to get some time on the engine. I'm currently at 39 hours. Am I reading correctly that you can use WD-40 for the fogging? Everything seems to run and startup fine so I'm hoping no damage has been done at 39 hours. I had the 10 hour service and the 50 hour is next.

Update...I just researched Sea Foam Fogging and I evidently I have the wrong kind. Soooo I've basically never fogged my ski. Great!
    Last edited by Big PL 619; 10-28-2020 at 10:14 AM.

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    ...I just researched Sea Foam Fogging and I evidently I have the wrong kind. ...
    Fogging oil is a specific type of product.

WD-40 makes a wide range of products.
    https://www.wd40.com/products/

As does Sea-Foam
    https://seafoamworks.com/

https://seafoamworks.com/product/sea...ngine-cleaner/

Sometimes people will post about a product but only mention the brand name and not the specific product from that brand. Which can be confusing.

Gotcha. I'm starting to see that. Any information on getting it to fit in that little port?

+1
    For starters a HUGE thanks to all of you for your help and quick response. It is greatly appreciated. The Sea Foam cans may not be the fogging type which might explain why the straw is too large for the port? That is the first thing I will have to check. Is the straw fitting correctly in the small little gold port at the front of the seat for all of you? I've been using the Salt Away religiously after each trip (through both ports on the rear of the ski) so I got that covered. I will use the green key on my next trip out to get some time on the engine. I'm currently at 39 hours. Am I reading correctly that you can use WD-40 for the fogging? Everything seems to run and startup fine so I'm hoping no damage has been done at 39 hours. I had the 10 hour service and the 50 hour is next.

Update...I just researched Sea Foam Fogging and I evidently I have the wrong kind. Soooo I've basically never fogged my ski. Great!
    Correct, good old WD-40 original oldie but goodie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information