2016 GTX Limited 300 wouldnt start

Hello,

Would like your guys opinion on this. Today I rode about 60 miles, stopping and turning the ski off. I stopped to talk to someone and turned the ski off. It would not start a few moments later. Nothing on the display. I kept hitting the start button but it wouldnt display anything on the screen. I thought it was a loose battery connection. Nope super torqued on. A friend brought a battery jumper. Ski started and I lifted up the seat and pulled the jump pack and the ski shut off. I put the pack back on and started it to get it to shore. After about 30 seconds it started running rough and the check engine light came on. I barely made it to shore. I left the jump pack on and went to eat lunch. I came back and the ski started with the jump pack removed. Thinking it was the stator going out since it sounded really rough so I elected to tow it back to the ramp. A buddy drove me and the ski back to my car about 30 min away. I decided to run it on my trailer. started and ran fine, no issues. I got it home and checked the battery voltage, 12.3 volts and at 95%. Started the ski and cleaned it and checked the voltage with it running. 14.1 volts. Started it several times, and just hit the start button and it displays on the screen. I am not getting any codes or anything. I cannot repeat the issue. I am scared to go out again as I dont want to get stuck. Any ideas on what this would be? Maybe the start stop switch? Ski only has 71 hrs. Thanks.

+1
    Have the same ski as you, same thing happened to me. The battery has an internal intermittent connection or bad cell. Just replace the battery like I did and no more worries or trouble. This happened to us 2 years ago and been fine since the battery change. Have had this same issue with motorcycle batteries.

3. +1 by:

Interesting, I will get another batter for sure. Thanks for the reply.

5. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rafelos1337 View Post
    Interesting, I will get another batter for sure. Thanks for the reply.
    You are quite welcome and good luck!

My wife and daughter had the same issue with car batteries a couple of years back.

Thread Information