Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1

    Kawasaki Ultra 260X Flushing

    Hi All,

    A bit of a basic question, I have just picked up my first jet ski a 2009 Kawasaki Ultra 260X and looking at all the maintenance requirements. I watched a video of a bloke flushing a new 310 Ultra and it had 2 seperate flushing ports on the rear next to the jet one for the engine and the other for the intercooler. However I can only find one flushing port on my 260X at the front of the ski and the manual says thatss for the intercooler. How do you flush the engine or does the one port on the 260X flush both the intercooler and the engine?

    Thanks for your help!


  2. #2
    dcuhpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    705
    +1
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Hristos007 View Post
    Hi All,

    A bit of a basic question, I have just picked up my first jet ski a 2009 Kawasaki Ultra 260X and looking at all the maintenance requirements. I watched a video of a bloke flushing a new 310 Ultra and it had 2 seperate flushing ports on the rear next to the jet one for the engine and the other for the intercooler. However I can only find one flushing port on my 260X at the front of the ski and the manual says thatss for the intercooler. How do you flush the engine or does the one port on the 260X flush both the intercooler and the engine?

    Thanks for your help!

    The one port flushes both. You can change up the plumbing to flush the intercooler separately late if you like but the stock setup does both. One thing the manual does not emphasize but I’ll repeat it to every supercharged Kawi owner out there, spray fogging oil in your supercharger after every single run or and also on startup of it hasn’t ran in a while. And replace the air intake with a filter setup like the Riva I take or similar. There is zero filter on that intake and supercharger problems are expensive. The next biggest maintenance item that is a must do on any 250/260 is the pump bearings. Unless you know they were recently upgraded to the newer style bearings recently, consider that an immediate must do before your next ride. Here is the bearing kit: http://www.kawiperformance.com/jet-p...-upgrades.html
    You can fog the supercharger by pulling the air bypass tube on the intake and spraying the fogging oil into that hole while the engine is at around 2k or so. Spray for 5-10 seconds then shutoff the engine and replace the bypass hose. If you ever remove the supercharger you can add a fogging port

  3. +1 by:


  4. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    The one port flushes both. You can change up the plumbing to flush the intercooler separately late if you like but the stock setup does both. One thing the manual does not emphasize but I’ll repeat it to every supercharged Kawi owner out there, spray fogging oil in your supercharger after every single run or and also on startup of it hasn’t ran in a while. And replace the air intake with a filter setup like the Riva I take or similar. There is zero filter on that intake and supercharger problems are expensive. The next biggest maintenance item that is a must do on any 250/260 is the pump bearings. Unless you know they were recently upgraded to the newer style bearings recently, consider that an immediate must do before your next ride. Here is the bearing kit: http://www.kawiperformance.com/jet-p...-upgrades.html
    You can fog the supercharger by pulling the air bypass tube on the intake and spraying the fogging oil into that hole while the engine is at around 2k or so. Spray for 5-10 seconds then shutoff the engine and replace the bypass hose. If you ever remove the supercharger you can add a fogging port
    Hi mate thanks for that info that was really helpful I appreciate it. We will be adding a fogging port on the ski this weekend and just bought the upgraded pump bearing kit so will get that installed as well! Thanks again mate.

  5. #4
    dcuhpw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Location
    Guam
    Posts
    705
    +1
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Hristos007 View Post
    Hi mate thanks for that info that was really helpful I appreciate it. We will be adding a fogging port on the ski this weekend and just bought the upgraded pump bearing kit so will get that installed as well! Thanks again mate.

    No worries! Anytime

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Flushing Kawasaki Ultra 250x
    By erikwrenno in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-11-2018, 01:31 AM
  2. Kawasaki Ultra 260X - Impeller help
    By martincarrier4 in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-06-2016, 03:36 AM
  3. Kawasaki ultra 260x FI codes
    By sjarken in forum Kawasaki How To & FAQs
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-26-2015, 09:03 AM
  4. Kawasaki Ultra 260x Mods?
    By james747 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-24-2014, 02:27 AM
  5. 2009 Kawasaki ultra 260x
    By ultra 260x in forum Kawasaki Open Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 04-29-2013, 11:54 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •