Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

No boat show or 4yr warranty this year for Seadoo?

My dealers are telling me Seadoo said no Michigan boat show and also that the 2yr current warranty is the best they are gonna offer. They say anything BRP offers before March 31 I would get with a deposit now though, but itís unlikely to get better. I canít find a quote better than MSRP, and adding 3 years (5 total) is about $1,000 more. Crappy time to buy a jetski (hopefully my 18px with a new motor will go for a premium next summer though).

Iím also told itís unlikely Iíll get one without a deposit in the coming months.

Anyone have any similar data or thoughts to share? Is there a way to get the extended warranty cheaper than $1000 for 3 extra years?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeR397 View Post
    My dealers are telling me Seadoo said no Michigan boat show and also that the 2yr current warranty is the best they are gonna offer. They say anything BRP offers before March 31 I would get with a deposit now though, but itís unlikely to get better. I canít find a quote better than MSRP, and adding 3 years (5 total) is about $1,000 more. Crappy time to buy a jetski (hopefully my 18px with a new motor will go for a premium next summer though).

Iím also told itís unlikely Iíll get one without a deposit in the coming months.

Anyone have any similar data or thoughts to share? Is there a way to get the extended warranty cheaper than $1000 for 3 extra years?
    Their is a forum member, I believe his username is "Tiny". He's a BRP dealer in Georgia, and has hooked a bunch of people up with great deals on BEST warranties in the past. I'd hit him up.

3. +1 by:

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeR397 View Post
    My dealers are telling me Seadoo said no Michigan boat show and also that the 2yr current warranty is the best they are gonna offer. They say anything BRP offers before March 31 I would get with a deposit now though, but it’s unlikely to get better. I can’t find a quote better than MSRP, and adding 3 years (5 total) is about $1,000 more. Crappy time to buy a jetski (hopefully my 18px with a new motor will go for a premium next summer though).

I’m also told it’s unlikely I’ll get one without a deposit in the coming months.

I find it hard to believe no boat show specials. Feels like pressure to get an order now. I'm betting there will be plenty of skis next year. Production got beat up this year and demand was high. I'm betting things should be more normal next year.

Quote Originally Posted by moparguy View Post
    Their is a forum member, I believe his username is "Tiny". He's a BRP dealer in Georgia, and has hooked a bunch of people up with great deals on BEST warranties in the past. I'd hit him up.
    Thanks, will keep in mind if brp doesn’t offer a 4yr included before March 31st and I have to pay to extend it past 2 years.

Quote Originally Posted by DinoMite View Post
    I find it hard to believe no boat show specials. Feels like pressure to get an order now. I'm betting there will be plenty of skis next year. Production got beat up this year and demand was high. I'm betting things should be more normal next year.
    i would generally agree other than it’s the same story at every dealer (and my friend that works at a Yamaha dealer), several of which have given me deep discounts as a repeat snowmobile and jetski buyer. I also don’t think the current surge in cases is a good sign for shortages, although perhaps it’s a non factor and workers can just wear masks vs shutting things down like last round.

I am gonna put a $250 deposit down to secure one. If another dealer starts negotiating more than that I’ll just sacrifice the $250. Otherwise it’s just bad timing but my 18’s warranty is up in March and it has 125hrs (30 on the new engine) and while the motor is warrantied from the 1yr new motor warranty until august, that’s still too much risk later in the season for it to blow up again on me (260 dropped a flywheel bolt and blew up too, so I’m 2 for 2). I ride through November with a dry suit, pull the ski out just before temps fall below freezing.

+1
    5 years is the most BRP will provide coverage. I got 3 years on my 2018, and they quoted me $781 for two additional years. A grand for 3 years would be about the same rate. I have referred members to Tiny as Mopar mentioned earlier. Reach out to him, any BRP dealer can sell the coverage to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Team Bilford View Post
    5 years is the most BRP will provide coverage. I got 3 years on my 2018, and they quoted me $781 for two additional years. A grand for 3 years would be about the same rate. I have referred members to Tiny as Mopar mentioned earlier. Reach out to him, any BRP dealer can sell the coverage to you.
    I put a deposit on a px for $200 under Msrp today. Last skis have been closer to $1k under but it is what it is now. If brp doesn’t do the 4yr I will reach out to tiny to see about pricing for the 3 extra to equal five. Best price I’ve seen so far is $935.

+1
    Its weird, because in Ontario, we get a 3 year warranty... I would also like extra warranty, if anyone knows of a good dealer in Ontario that seems thematic a good price. Like you I was hoping for a Toronto boat show extra year warranty, this year. My 2019 GTI 155 came with the 5 year.

+1
    Just saw some online Sea Doo promotional stuff for 2021 models. Warranty that was specifically mentioned was TWO years. I really hate to see the three-four year offers not being continued.

+1
    The thing that's got me is seadoo always offered another year warranty when purchased at boat show, but because no boat show (Covid 19 cancellation), how are you supposed to get another extra year warranty? All pre-orders should get an extra year.
    Last edited by Sledfreak; 11-20-2020 at 09:11 PM.

12. +1 by:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information