Question 2007 FX start up sequence troubleshooting help

Troubleshooting a newly acquired 2007 FX.

Attach Yamaha brand key to button.
    No lights or display.
    Start button does nothing, no turn over, no clicks, no beeps, dead silence.

Here are the steps I have gone through:
    Tested battery in place with volt meter DC 12.4 volts
    Pulled battery and put on battery tester. Shows full health and full charge.
    Bench tested battery on volt meter DC 13.1 volts.
    Reinstalled battery with fresh connection maintenance and corrosion caps.
    Replaced 20 amp fuse
    Replaced both 3 amp fuses.

When I pull the 20 amp fuse and then replace it the green security light comes on for 20-25 seconds.
    While green when I attach Yamaha brand key and press start while green light is on, nothing happens. Same symptom.

When I pull the 20 amp fuse and replace it the green security light comes on for 20-25 seconds.
    I pull up the start button by hand as far as possible and press start while green light is on, nothing happens, same symptoms.

When I pull the 20 amp fuse and replace it the green security light comes on for 20-25 seconds. I press and hold the Mode button to try to get an ECM code but nothing comes up on display at all. No lights or indicators.

Any ideas on what I can test next? I have standard tools and volt meter but I cannot find any resources on the start up sequence.
    Perhaps the start switch is defective or poor connection/short?

Searched for other posts but can't find any details. Thanks in advance for your help.

+1
    Most Yamahas have a brown and red to the start button. Check for continuity and check for 12v coming to the switch at the connector. You should find connectors dangling somewhere around the front of the gas tank.

If relevant connections have been tested have the battery tested at your local auto parts store...however it sounds like it could be the starter relay which if were bad would typically "chattter"...6B6-81940-00-00

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Most Yamahas have a brown and red to the start button. Check for continuity and check for 12v coming to the switch at the connector. You should find connectors dangling somewhere around the front of the gas tank.
    Thank you for the guide. I found best access by removing the plastic panel in front storage to get to the wiring. Both the red and brown wire insulation was aged and brittle and seems to be shorting out. I spliced in a section of repair as a temporary patch to troubleshoot and it took away the problem. I did have to reset my remote key fob code also. Will replace the start whole switch/ wiring as a maintenance upgrade when the parts arrive. Thanks very much!!

Quote Originally Posted by jb_turner View Post
    If relevant connections have been tested have the battery tested at your local auto parts store...however it sounds like it could be the starter relay which if were bad would typically "chattter"...6B6-81940-00-00
    Good idea. The start button had lost connection so the relay was not chatting. Now that wiring was repaired the starter turns and engine fires. Great point of working backwards from a work point between the that relay and the start button as it helped me narrow the focus. Thanks very much!!

Thread Information