Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2007 GTX winterizing

I have a 2007 GTX 155, the manual says to put 300ml straight antifreeze into the exhaust manifold.
    Some videos say blow out the machine w/ a compressor
    & some say flush w/ marine anti-freeze, & another says to remove the manifold entirely.
    Ski will be outside during the winter in NY.
    ( it gets to 0' Farenheit)
    Does anyone know the best method for winterizing this year & model?

+1
    Start the machine, quickly after start pumping in some antifreeze through the flush port until it starts coming out turn off the pump rev up the engine quick and turn off done. Remove the spark plugs spray some fogging oil in there, put it all back together, put the key in, putting drown mode by full y pulling the throttle and turn over the engine a few times, will not start because it's in drown mode.

Done

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JIMBO759 View Post
    I have a 2007 GTX 155, the manual says to put 300ml straight antifreeze into the exhaust manifold.
    Some videos say blow out the machine w/ a compressor
    & some say flush w/ marine anti-freeze, & another says to remove the manifold entirely.
    Ski will be outside during the winter in NY.
    ( it gets to 0' Farenheit)
    Does anyone know the best method for winterizing this year & model?

I use an electric pump to push antifreeze through the whole system. Start her up, push enviro-safe antifreeze till it comes spilling out. Stop pump, rev a little, stop engine. remove spark plugs, add fogging oil, flood crank with spark plugs out for a few seconds, install spark plugs, done.

Thank you for the great tips! Im in the final stages of winterizing an '07 & '09 GTXC 155. I filled the fuel tank w/ double stabilized non-ethenol fuel, fogged the motor through the injectors (w/CRC fogging oil). I don't have access to sea-doo products, & I'm not 100% sure if XPS Lube, BRP Lube, or whatever is a fogging spray or a parts lubricant ( they seem to use it for EVERYTHING!). Both machines have an attachment on the engine cover for throttle-body lubrication, so I'd like to perform this maintenance if possible. Is it done W/ Fog Spray? I have CRC Engine Stor fogging Spray, CRC Heavy Duty Corrosion Inhibitor, Fluid Film Rust & Corrosion Inhibitor & a can of Throttle Body Cleaner. I'm not 100% sure what goes where. Also, the videos that I've seen have the machine in "drown mode" while spraying XPS Lube into the attachment, but the manual says "spray while the engine is not running" These are my 1st Ski's in 15yrs, so i would like to get the maintenance down.
    Thanks for any help!

-Also ran the marine anti-freeze through the flush fitting.

+1
    Spray the fogging oil into the port after everything else is done. Then do it at idle. The engine will bog and chug a bit. While it's chugging, pull the lanyard, done! Now the fogging oil has coated the valves, cylinders, and pistons.

Excellent!
    ThankYou.

Quote Originally Posted by Myself View Post
    Spray the fogging oil into the port after everything else is done. Then do it at idle. The engine will bog and chug a bit. While it's chugging, pull the lanyard, done! Now the fogging oil has coated the valves, cylinders, and pistons.
    I'm assuming we don't do this with an intercooler because it would go thru the intercooler as well?

+1
    Yes, you can. The fogging port goes straight to the throttle body which is AFTER the i/c........unless it's a 215hp with the i/c inside the intake which is also just fine.

10. +1 by:

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

2007 GTX winterizing

for outdoor storage-plug the exhaust with steel wool and leave rat traps in the foot wells so the presence of critters will be noticed before they use your ski for a winter shelter

also, make sure there are NO snack items in the storage areas

You’d be surprised how good the sense of smell is on a rat and after they finish on that granola bar you forgot they’re going to start on your wiring

welcome aboard GH!
    Last edited by nmpeter; 10-28-2020 at 10:32 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information