2015 Ultra 310R flashing F1

All,
    Trying to resolve an issue on my 310R. I know its a long shot but I'm new to the supercharged word so I apologize if its asking something stupid.
    I got hold of a 2015 Ultra 310R and it runs but has a flashing F1 code. The previous owner said the gas was old and yes it smelled like it was. I drained the tank and will refill with 90 Rec fuel. Can old gas cause a F1 error, or is it most likely something else.
    The ski ran and started up on the old gas but was limited to 3000 rpm. I have not restarted it with new gas yet.

If I still have the F1 code where is a good place to start? It does not have an aftermarket speed controller, and is completely stock. Are there items, sensors that are more common to fail on these? I can try to get it to a shop, but its difficult to get in right now with covid messing up everything.

Any hints or direction will be greatly appreciated.

Does it have a speed control override on it? SCOM

Not that I can see but I did notice something that seemed a little weird. I removed the ECM to be able to check my steering easier and I found a big wrap of electric tape. Didn't look factory, but like I said I'm new to Jet skis. Underneath the tap was some sort of wire connection with three wires in it. Just seems weird, I've never seen anything like it. I'll attach a picture. Anyone can tell me what this is? Is it factory?
    Thank you.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201023_180312.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	43.1 KB 
ID:	468400
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201023_180244.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	468401

+1
    I've heard that they do stuff like that on some of the foreign 'Skis.

It looks like 2 green wires and 1 white, correct? I've got a '15 310X. I'll try to take a look at it tomorrow.

I recently had the FI warning on one my Ultra LXs. I had done some mods and ended up using oil temp and water temp sensors that weren't compatible with the ECU.

Try inserting the immobilizer key, then push the Mode and Set buttons on the display at the same time for 3 seconds. This will make the display perform a self-diagnosis, which will tell you what it's upset about.

Do you have a service manual? If not, tell us what errors you get and we'll try to help you out.

Thank you. Will do the code read today.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RBJ View Post
    Not that I can see but I did notice something that seemed a little weird. I removed the ECM to be able to check my steering easier and I found a big wrap of electric tape. Didn't look factory, but like I said I'm new to Jet skis. Underneath the tap was some sort of wire connection with three wires in it. Just seems weird, I've never seen anything like it. I'll attach a picture. Anyone can tell me what this is? Is it factory?
    Thank you.

Yep those are factory but apparently not for the us market. Checkout my 15f build thread and you’ll see lots of them. I must say, it’s better than block connectors

+1
    I just looked at my 310 and didn't see anything like that. I took the access cover off of the electrical section, but did not remove the ECU. I didn't see any harnesses with 3 wires and a terminator of any kind.

Code found

Ok I was able to get the code for the F1 flashing. It is the Ee1, actually the one with a capital E with another E (missing top bar) and then 1. I looked in the manual and it says thatís a malfunction in the ETV or wiring or open or short. I didnít see an exact testing procedure in my manual. I can visually check things but would need some guidance to check the electrical.
    anyone have pointers on common issues with the ETV?
    unit starts perfectly and idles perfect, just no throttle respons.
    error code in picture.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9F5DB697-23A0-4F50-9F68-7F2A763EFA1B.jpeg 
Views:	73 
Size:	61.1 KB 
ID:	468500  

Anyone with an idea on that code. Or maybe can steer me on the testing for the individual components. I have a fluke 88 and know how to use it, but no idea the wiring schematic or what the values should be for the tests.
    Thank you.

+1
    Perhaps this will help. It's kind of hard to put that big service manual on my scanner, so I tried to take pictures with my phone. Hope you can use it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ETV, Service Manual 1.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	468525   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ETV, Service Manual 3.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	468526   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ETV, Service Manual 2.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	468527  

Thread Information