Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GTRD View Post
    I hear ya bro...he's a douche

If your referring to me being a douche?.. Your a scum bag...

Quote Originally Posted by tiderider View Post
    It has a relay. The ecu triggers the relay but the fuel pump has to power through the fuse box. ECU needs to sense a load or it won't fire up the engine. Fuse is 15 amps for the fuel pump, bumped up from 10 amps.
    I am thinking you don't understand how the ECU works. You shouldn't power the fuel pump thru the fuse block, it is direct connect from the battery, thru the relay you added (or need to add). This is the reason it has its own fuse. The old connection to fuel pump just switches the relay, it senses the coil of the relay and thinks its the pump.

The 30 amp melting is common, usually some contact resistance at the fuses or wires to the contacts. Corrosion on the contacts, or corrosion in the wires where it meets the contacts is the usual cause. Plus you are drawing more power than the system was designed.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Dood View Post
    I am thinking you don't understand how the ECU works. You shouldn't power the fuel pump thru the fuse block, it is direct connect from the battery, thru the relay you added (or need to add). This is the reason it has its own fuse. The old connection to fuel pump just switches the relay, it senses the coil of the relay and thinks its the pump.
    I am referring to pre 2008 units. As presently wired, it has ran for over 30 hours. The 15 amp fuse feeding the fuel pump inside the fuse box is fine, didn't blow.
    It may be that the 15 amp feeding the fuse box is now to small, it has ran 30 hours this way, perhaps replace it with a 20 amp to compensate the slightly larger load. Wiring would be fine for a 20 amp feed to the fuse box.

I initial wired it as your saying. From battery with separate 15 amp fuse through relay to avoid a larger load through the fuse box.
    Use old connection from fuel pump to power/switch the relay.. The engine will not fire up this way.

If you look at the riva fuel pump relay wiring for pre 2008 seadoo, you need to increase the fuse size from 10 amps to 15 amps in the fuse box. If you fuse from the battery the engine will not start up cause the ECU senses no power coming out of the fuse from fuse box.
    Last edited by tiderider; 10-27-2020 at 09:18 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information