Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=1#post3046454

https://watercraftjournal.com/galler...eries-package/

I would expect the dealer would have included some customer instructions or paper describing what that is and how to use the fogging port(s).

Wow, interesting, did not know that was a thing. This also explains the pop-up cleats installed which was a nice surprise. To be fair to them, we ran into an issue with Yamaha that required some escalations up to corporate to get things cleared up. So what should have been a 30 min thing took us almost 4 hours. So i don't blame them for overlooking those minor details.

+1
    Fog port before the intercooler ,,, i would much rather pull plugs to fog,,,,cant imagine what the intercooler is going to look like years down the road,,,
    Last edited by Yamafzs; 10-20-2020 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    Fog port before the intercooler ,,, i would much rather pull plugs to fog,,,,

can't imagine what the intercooler is going to look like years down the road,,,
    The limitation with spraying fogging oil down the spark plug holes is that the oil doesn’t mist onto the backsides of the exhaust valves. The engine is not running and even bumping the starter motor while spraying isn’t going to move much oily mist out the exhaust valves. By the time the spark plugs are reinstalled and the engine cranked a few turns that oil is a semi-sticky liquid on top of the piston, no longer a ‘spray’.

I have yet to see a tidy method of getting fogging oil spray directly into the throttle body intake on SVHO engines. The throttle body is downward facing and not easy to get a spray nozzle into, even if one was to wrestle the J tube out of the way.

I suppose the fuel injectors could be backed out and then spray the fogging oil into the (non-running) engine that way. Doable, but I would prefer to not mess with the fuel injectors and related stuff unnecessarily.

What is the ‘best practices’ method for fogging the SVHO engine?
    Without also fogging the intercooler fins

Click avatar for tech links/info K447's Avatar
    +1

+1
    if you have a blow off valve tapped to the manifold. Use the reference line for the bov to pull in some fog.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamafzs View Post
    if you have a blow off valve tapped to the manifold. Use the reference line for the bov to pull in some fog.
    Im a first year owner for an SVHO so how important is this to do? I have a Riva BOV on mine so how would I go about doing this?

Edit, Just checked the links in the other post. So in fresh water its not so important? Thats all mines in mist of the time aside from a yearly trip to the coast.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Stedson350v View Post
    Im a first year owner for an SVHO so how important is this to do? I have a Riva BOV on mine so how would I go about doing this?

Edit, Just checked the links in the other post. So in fresh water its not so important? Thats all mines in mist of the time aside from a yearly trip to the coast.
    fogging the ski for storage has nothing to do with fresh or salt usage. Its simply to provide protection to the engine while not in use for extended periods,, you can remove plugs and spray direct in cylinders. Then blip starter a few cycles,,, if you have a blow of valve that is npt tapped to manifold(not t fitted off map port ) you can remove the reference line on the bov and spray some fog in there at idle,, this will pull fog oil into manifold and cylinders. Although i know some guys who do it,, i never recommend spraying fog before the intercooler,, over time this has potential to coat up the fins,reducing its efficiency

why can’t i pull the pcv line and fog that way?

whoa i just noticed that is fogging through the sc !!! i’d not do this

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by seabrook View Post
    whoa i just noticed that is fogging through the sc !!! i’d not do this
    Apologies for the rookie question, being new to the supercharged wave-runner world, but why not thru the sc?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information