Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Newbie needs help with ultra 250x

I just purchased an 07 250X and am having problems with it running lean (I believe). It only runs around 6-6300rpm And about 7psi and feels like it hits a limiter. I ran a full tank through it taking it pretty easy and when I got home I pulled the plugs and they look new! No browning at all which makes me think that itís lean. I was gonna check fuel pressure but am not sure if itís worth it being out of the water. Belt tension feels fine, oil looks good, didnít see any boost leaks. Anybody have any suggestions as to where to start?

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    What color key?

3. +1 by:

Green, the fast one

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Thought they were yellow or orange?

+1
    Yep they are yellow and Orange on the old machines. Hook up a pressure tester and test it at different rpms. Also try revving slowly and quickly to simulate different loads. It’s true the fuel map won’t be the same as when it’s under load but you should still see a pressure variant on the trailer with the above tests.

I have looked the internet over and canít find a way to clean the fuel filter, is there a thread someone could point out to me? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dcuhpw View Post
    Yep they are yellow and Orange on the old machines. Hook up a pressure tester and test it at different rpms. Also try revving slowly and quickly to simulate different loads. Itís true the fuel map wonít be the same as when itís under load but you should still see a pressure variant on the trailer with the above tests.

+1
    The fuel “filter” on that ski is just the sock strainer in the tank. You can grab a replacement from kawi but just take it in to your local auto parts store and they can match something that fits.

Ok. I just decided to swap pumps out. I have another ultra 250X for parts so I decided to swap em. I live 2 hours from the lake so hopefully this weekend I can try it out. I also swapped map sensors, I think thatís what it is: the small sensor that hooks to the top of the intake manifold and I assume measures boost pressure

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 505250x View Post
    Ok. I just decided to swap pumps out. I have another ultra 250X for parts so I decided to swap em. I live 2 hours from the lake so hopefully this weekend I can try it out. I also swapped map sensors, I think that’s what it is: the small sensor that hooks to the top of the intake manifold and I assume measures boost pressure
    Don’t forget to spray the supercharger with fogging oil religiously. I’d spray it before you take it out. And make sure your intake is clean

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information